Need a 9mm for new can. Which guns cycle well with a can?

fl_rich

Hey from sunny Florida!

I'm looking for a host for my soon to arrive Mystic X. It's a multi-caliber with 9mm being the base caliber. I want it to come with a threaded barrel, I Dont want to purchase an additional barrel.

Options seem to include the Baretta M9A3, Walther PPQ Navy SD and the XD tactical and lately I've been looking at the CZ's...

I already have a FNX45 tactical and Glock 19 with a threaded barrel. The can does not support 45 cal. So I'd like a good reliable 9mm host that shoots well with a can.

I understand the Walthers have all had can issues. Poor cycling seems to be the big problem. I have a XDM 45 comp and like it but I shoot the FNX better. I'm leaning to the CZ's I'd prefer it with hammer release instead of safety/hammer drop.

All comments and suggestions are welcome. Thank you all in advance.

Rich

PS - I tried this earlier on the pistol site but only got 1 reply.

You will need a can with a booster. The booster help the slide to cycle back with a can. Pretty much any pistol with a floatimg barrel will need one I BELIEVE.

I have a booster.

My question was more related to the firearm itself. I want to make sure I get one that runs well suppressed. I dont want to buy a firearm that cycles poorly or needs spring modifications to run well with a can.

Thank you!

The CZ SP01 tactical works flawlessly with that Mystic X. It is a heavy set up though. I'd like to try the Steyr M9a1. It too is available with a threaded barrel, except I've found conflicting info regarding the thread pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have some fun - get a CZ Scorpion EVO S1 pistol. Many adapters out there for various 'cans. If that bill actually goes through to remove suppressors from NFA '34 you can rest assured I'll get one for my Scorpion. :)

Back