Neat little trinket from dad

BerdanSS

Went over to my folks place for dinner this afternoon, after some morning powder burning :D. Dad and I were talking out in the lawn furniture after taking out a ham. I was telling him how well the RAG '60 army I picked up had shot. I mentioned I had forgot my powder measure, and had to make due with a .45 apc empty. He jumped up and said "hang on a sec!"...he returned with this.

He was cleaning up the attic over the weekend and found it up there. This is the one he used to use back in the early 80s when he deer hunted. Needless to say, I will hang on to this forever. It will be along with me in my possibles bag this deer season.

Those are good. I have two, also from the 80's. TC still makes that style but they're plastic now.

Great Dad !!!

If you did not have one of these before, you'll be glad you got one. I've had others and collect many more. This exact one is my preferred measure. Needs very little care and will serve you well, for years to come. The bonus is that it came from your Father .... ;)

We never stop caring, for and about our kids ..... :)

Be Safe !!!

I have one and they are the most accurate. I know because I have tested the
rest on a powder scale. I mean that they will throw the same grain charge
shot after shot as weighed on a scale. Others will vary some.

You might find one on ebay. TC made them and still do but they're plastic now. These are solid brass and go from 20 to 120 grains in ten grain increments. It has a cap compartment in the bottom but once they go in they do not like to come back out.

You can tell which one I use the most.:D

Mike, some archaeologist is going to find that religious object and it'll be displayed prominently in the Museum of Ancient Civilizations.

Mike, some archaeologist is going to find that religious object and it'll be displayed prominently in the Museum of Ancient Civilizations.

They'll probably think it was some sort of blood letting device, or a suppository applicator.

Nice gesture when the father can help out his Son occasionally. Darn good measure He gave you. Solid brass and made to outlast its owner. They don't make 'em like that anymore.~~ Yup!!__ Good Trade!! BerdanSS __You got something for your Possibles Bag. Father. He got a Big appreciative smile from his Son for his effort.:)

If you open the secret compartment for caps & drill a small (very small) hole in from the back the caps will come back out.;)
DSCF9288_zpsd7881d55.jpg

If you look under all the other "accoutrements" you can just see mine in the lower right.

Me Too ???

Just curious wogpotter:
What are those two black straps, just above the wood handled screw driver at the right side of the picture. Looks like a Colt pocket screw driver resting on top of these. ???

Be Safe !!!

Its cleaning stuff (Q-Tips, Toothpicks & patches) in the white drawstring, no baccy, sorry. I just got tired of fishing for the stuff loose in the pouch & stuck it all in a herb pouch from the kitchen I *ahem* "borrowed", to keep them together.

The black straps are a pair of flat metal strips with oval holes in them I use a stuck ramrod puller in the field. You slip them over the stuck rod, give a 1/2 turn to lock & then use them as a "T" handle to pop the stuck rod free.:)

If you open the secret compartment for caps & drill a small (very small) hole in from the back the caps will come back out

Mine always wanted to double up when they came out and they do not come out two at a time. I don't see how drilling a hole would rectify that.:confused:

Back