National WW II Museum

MisterCrabby

It’s in New Orleans, definitely worth a visit.

411d91ad7ffe419ed78d15967d7e78f5.jpg

It is one of the best firearm museum visits I've experienced. They have an amazing collection of WWII small arms. The 4-D movie experience was amazing.

I spent a day and a half there ...didn't get to see everything. 2nd best museum I've ever been to ..... Naval Aviation museum in Pensacola was better, but not by much.

If you are interested in WWII small arms, (and bigger ones) there are few places in the world with collections more extensive than the one at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, Maryland.

I live near the WW II museum and work quite near. A great place to visit for one and all. Whenever I visit there, I enjoy encountering the WW II vets who are volunteering there. Everyone has an interesting story.

I've heard stories of the museum being guarded from looting by volunteer WW II vets (among others) following Katrina. In those heady days, there was no police protection to rely on. Looting was rampant.

I sure wouldn't want to be on the business end of one of those guys! In my mind's eye, I can envision some older vets standing guard once again, as they did in their youth, with service rifles in hand. (I don't actually know if they were armed but I sure wouldn't doubt it given the dire circumstances of the time.)

The museum survived in tact...

Bayou

3,024px × 4,032p is waaaaaay too big. Please reduce the size of your pictures.
CFB Borden, about an hour North of Toronto, has a small arms museum that worth the trip from TO. Border is closed now though. Only open Sunday afternoon and there are armoured vehicles out side.

Damn! The company's headquarters was in Greensboro. It was so close. I would have visited the place should I have known about it.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Damn! The company's headquarters was in Greensboro. It was so close. I would have visited the place should I have known about it.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
It's an amazing place. I was there on the day they were demonstrating flamethrowers.

Back