Name the Model Number!

TABING

I have a niffty little Stasinless Steel, J-Frame, fixed sights, .22rimfire Smith & Wesson revolver.
3" heavy barrel
interchangable, .22LR and .22 Magnum cylinder.
Was made briefly in the 1980's but unfortunately no longer available.

What is the Model number? I thought it was 650.

TABING:
The only thing I can find that resembles your description is the S&W 651 Kit gun. Although the model 650 identifies with the .22 WRM neither actually indicate the two cyliner interchange.

Open the Cylinder, at the yoke front, what number do you find there?

HJN

Thanks for the quick reponse. Unfortunately, I don't have the revolver with me as I work overseas, and firearms are a no no!
When I get back to the States I'll check the yoke. My recollection is that it was sold as 650 when I bought it new. The interchangable cylinders are a great feature, as with the magnums, it makes a great little CCW backup to my main open carry,(in Arizona) (Colt Combat Commander series70).

S&W offered a stainless Model 650 in .22 WRM. Heavy 3 inch barrel, fixed sights, J frame. They did not provide a .22 LR cylinder, but one could be ordered. I have one (really enjoy it) and sent it in and had S&W fit the .22 LR cylinder. The mag chambering is slightly more accurate - but much more expensive to shoot. My recommendation is to hang on to it. Great fun gun - but you will need black fingernail polish for the front sight if you shot in bright light (or at least I do).

thanks, JimFox
I bought the gun new, and it came with the extra cylinder.

The only thing I can think of, is the dealer I got it from in Tucson AZ, had a son who was a giant S&W dealer back East, and maybe this guy special ordered it that way.
Anyway I love this little jewel and it would be one of the last guns I parted with.
I never sell .22 rimfires, as they may be the last preserve of gun ownership if restrictions continue.

Back