Name That Gun !!!

Brian Gibbons

Hi. I need help to dentify an old shotgun and thought I would start out here. The gun has no outwardly visable markings other than a four digit serial number. It is a side by side break action 12 gauge with a barrel length of 30 1/8 inches and an overall length of 46 3/4 inches. On the underside of the barrel breaches, (action open) there are some proof marks that appear to be British but nothing else that would give a clue as to a manufacturer. The gun is very plain with a small "ring" engraving around the barrel breaches.
I do not own the gun so I am avoiding any dissasembly. I am hoping that someone can suggest a starting point as possibly the name(s) of any manufacturer who made a shot gun that would fit this description. Sincerely, Thanks ...

Brian:
Have you removed the forearm and Bbls? Many times the mfg will put the name on the water table or on the bottom of the barrels. From what you describe this may be what is termed as a "Hardward Gun", however, it will be difficult to identify if we don't have the name of mfg, or description of the proof marks.

HJN

Back