Name that full-auto weapon!

hansolo

This is my first post on this forum! I belong to an outdoor gunclub where LEOs train and qualify; CHP, local police, and the Border Patrol. Yesterday, the Border Patrol folks were firing bursts of what sounded like .40 or .45 caliber...then, POPOPOPOPOPOPOPOP!!! Emptying their magazines. I wtched from about 50 yards and, from the back it seemed they were holding short rifles...can you all tell me what they were shooting?
My best guess is M4...but, I'm more into handguns.

I have chatted with the R.O. many times and he's a very friendly guy....I knew better, or I would have begged to fire that Bad Boy!:cool: :D :cool:

"9MM...Skinny magazines?..."

To tell the truth, I didn't SEE the weapons: I was tempted to walk-up & poke my nose into the "fun", but hung back. From the Report, it COULD have been 9mm...didn't sound like .223. My guess was something with more power....40 S&W, .45 acp...I don't even know what calibers are commonly used in full auto Law Enforcement weapons? Could have been a +P or +P+ 9mm? Very cool, whatever they were firing!!!!:D

You are actually asking people to try to guess what type of gun that you did not even see? Did they go babababababang, or boobooboobooboom?

Could have been one of these as well:
Heckler & Koch MP5 in 9mm
mp5a2.jpg

Or this, a HK MP5 in 10mm/or .40 S&W
mp5-10.jpg

Or even this, a HK UMP in .45/or .40 S&W
ump.jpg
;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the pretty pictures! I will ask the RO with the Border Patrol next time I see him. Now I REALLY am curious what that beautiful cacophoney was eminating from:rolleyes:

No problem! ;)

With the exception of the Colt M4(and/or competitors),these three guns pictured above(along with over 120 MP5 variants) are the most common subguns in the hands of LE agencies today... ;)

Semi vs Fullauto

Well, all I can tell you is I heard what was definitely full auto, unless these BP folks have extremely fast trigger fingers:confused:

Schuey2002,

That second pic of the HK MP5/40 is a weapon now out of production.

Last edited:
SKN,
No offense, but what second pic??:confused:
That second pic is of an officer with what looks to me, based on the magazine shape and barrel length, to be a HK33A3,
Are you talking about the 3 pics above?? I don't see what your talking about.. My pics are of a MP5A2 in 9mm,an MP5A3 in 10mm & and a UMP..

Are we talking about the same thing?.. :)

Back