Name of this stance?

Greg Di

I was at my town range and a federal customs agent showed me an interested close combat stance. I can't remember the name of it, but it was like "close center lock" or something like that.

You hold the gun flat against your chest so that the barrell is parallel and tight to your chest. The first two shots are from this position so you just point and shoot, with the follow-up shots being flash sighted with the gun canted and very close to your face. Your arms never extend.

He demo'd it a couple of times for me, but I want to learn more about it. I just need the name!

Next time I hit the range, I'm definitely going to have to pistol whip my target just to be tactical.

The guy who demonstrated the technique for me told me that the CAR method is designed for VERY close quarter engagements--like less than 10 feet. He's a customs inspector who boards ships and it's perfect for that situation.

That's a whole lot of lead flying there violently. I love it.

I'm definatly going to incorporate this in my own little jack-leg training program. I think it's awesome, and yes, the english dude is a bad MFer. I love it. Only thing I don't like is the backward shuffle, but other than that it's good s___.

:confused: :confused:

Looks like an adaptation of the old 'third eye' position taught for many years by a well known Ohio trainer.:o

Back