NAA Minis...

If I decide to get a NAA Mini (time of running out in Ka), which one should I get?

Black Widow?
Standard .22 Mag?
Standard .22 LR?

Also, tell me why I should pick that model...

22magnum, for a man half as bad as Dirty Harry

Hehe,
I have the 22magnum with the 1 5/8 bbl. I carry it in a pocket holster that I purchased from NAA. It is a neat little gun and it is always there.
If you haven't already, check out http://www.naaminis.com and look at the velocity charts for all their guns. A very informative site.

Best wishes,
Mikey

If only I could spel, I woldn't hav to edet so much.

.22 Magnum with 1-5/8" barrel, good round + excellent
deep cover possibilities!:)

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

2 Questions:

1. Anyone here own the Black Widow model?

2. I hear the .22 Magnum recoil is severe in NAA minis due to the guns weight. If so, am I better off with the Black Widow (rubber grip) and an additional .22 LR cylinder?

what recoil?

I don't even notice the recoil in the 22magnum.
The gun is designed to roll back in your hand just like the Colt Single Action Army and it does. Also the larger grips and frame size make it easier to manipulate than the 22lr version.
I haven't even handled the Black Widow, so I can't help ya there. You can't go wrong getting the 22lr cylinder though, it gives you more options.

Mikey

Quantum, I've had the 1 5/8" barrel, 22 mag. for many years.
I carry mine when riding my bicycle with the first 2 rounds loaded with snake shot. I ride on country roads alot with a few big dogs out and about that like to chase bikes. They should hope never to catch me. With the mag. cylinder in place, the little brute does have a good deal muzzle flip.
The NNA web site lists new grips with a finger grove. Looks good, I may try a pair.
I have the .22lr cylinder but have never used it.
It's too bad we we will be prohibited from owning the NNA .380. Yes, I live in Ka. too.
Good luck on your choice.

It's too bad we we will be prohibited from owning the NNA .380. Yes, I live in Ka. too.
Good luck on your choice.

Send an email to NAA telling them how much you like their products and mention you hope they put out a "Kalifornia Edition" line of Gaurdians/minis. They sent the .32 Gaurdian to be tested but don't know if it passed yet (their return email told me this). If enough demand is there, they might even put a safety on some of them to sell to Kalifornia. I emailed them again and got another response and from what I got back (there response) if enough of us ask for a "Kalifornia Version", we might get it. It sure wouldn't hurt to try at least...

Are .22 LR cylinders available for all of the .22 Magnum mini revolvers? I'd like to have an NAA for the Long Rifle round, but most of the ones I see for sale are Magnums.

Severe recoil?

The only thing severe about my NAA .22 Magnum is its inaccuracy. They're great little gun up-close-and-personal guns that hide exceedingly well, but I wouldn't want to shoot any farther than six feet with mine. With regards to recoil, there's really nothing to discuss. The muzzle does flip quite a bit, but the design of the grip, at least for me, makes any perceived recoil negligible, and I'm far from a ham-handed, 200+ pound guy.
DAL

Are .22 LR cylinders available for all of the .22 Magnum mini revolvers? I'd like to have an NAA for the Long Rifle round, but most of the ones I see for sale are Magnums.

You have to buy the conversion model to get both.

One other option: if you have a magnum frame model you can send it into NAA and ask for a new cylinder...they won't sell you one unless you send the gun in. That way, it can be properly timed with the new cylinder.

THE BLACK WIDOW IS THE ULTIMATE MINIREVOLVER!

c title. You want one with fixed sights, and both cylinders.

You have several options for grips. The smallest is the wooden "bird's head" grips identical to the factory grips on the Magnum Minis. My choice for my 4" MiniMaster was to shave the factory rubber grips down to a "bird's head" configuration.

The Black Widow and MiniMaster are nearly unique in that the barrel is forged at the same time as the frame. Unlike the smaller NAAs and nearly every other revolver, that means there's no constriction at the base of the barrel where it screws into the frame. Accuracy on these can be astounding - my MiniMaster can do 5" groups at 25 yards with the hottest .22Mag fodder.

Upshot: with the smaller sights and grip, a Black Widow can be set up small enough for front-pocket "mousegun duty". But the sights are still a world ahead of the smaller minis, as is the accuracy.

My guns are pictured here, including my grip mods:
http://www.ninehundred.com/~equalccw/jimguns.html

Jim

Back