NAA Guardian problems with ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWM

In some past posts I had mentioned that my NAA Guardian had to be returned to the manufacturer after its first trip to the gun range. It misfired/failed to feed at least 20 or so times w/ 65 rounds of CCI Blazer TMJs and 35 rounds of Federal Hydra-Shok JHPs.

NAA gutted the gun. In fact, according to their replacement part list, the only original part is the frame.

I took it back to the range today, fed it with 35 rounds of CCI Blazers, and this time it misfired almost every time. 1 out of 5 rounds would fire on the first trigger pull.

So... I loaded the gun with other stuff.

Hornady Custom 71gr FMJs. 50 rounds=no problem.

Fiocchi 60gr SJHPs. 50 rounds=no problem.

I guess that the CCI ammo was to blame for the problems in the first place. I feel much better, knowing that the problem is most likely not the gun but it will still take many more rounds before I trust it 100%.

Anyone else have problems with this or any other ammo in the Guardian?

DWM

I never shot Blazers in mine. I practice with UMC hardball and carry Winchester Silvertips. The only malfunctions I had were some failures to feed during the first 50 rounds. I field stripped it and found that the lube they use at the factory is a little tacky. Removed it and lubed with Rem-oil...no more problems in more than 200 rounds.

Mikey

I don't usually use Blazers in mine. For inexpensive practice rounds I shoot Fiocchi FMJ. Not only is it inexpensive (compared to JHP) but it is pretty hot and can be used as a self defense round.

How heavy is the trigger pull? Maybe your hammer spring is a little too weak to fire the hard CCI primers? I wouldn't mind not being able to shoot Blazers if it meant that the trigger was nice and light...

Well, the trigger pull on my Guardian is incredibly heavy. I wish it was much much lighter. I'll just have to use something else besides CCI. As stated above, it fired everything else just fine.

I NEED a gun this small to carry when I can't conceal my Kahr K40, but it certainly isn't a pleasure to shoot. After firing about 70 rounds, the gun ripped off some skin on my trigger finger. Even with a tight grip, the combination of sharp recoil and sharp edges on the trigger/trigger guard becomes uncomfortable.

But, the purpose of this gun isn't for target shooting/plinking. ;) Its purpose is to be small enough to slip into my jeans pocket.

DWM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back