NAA Guardian Brass to the Forehead!

Badger Arms

I was out shooting my NAA Guardian the other day and was disappointed that the brass kept hitting me in the forehead. I was shooting Fiochi 71gr FMJ rounds and my gun is of the AB series. I had two magazines, one with the finger-rest and the other without. Is this normal or should I send the gun back to NAA?

My Guardian does the same thing. I just chalk it up the drawbacks of the small design. I have an AC series so it is not just your series. I don't know if NAA could help it or not but to me it is not worth the money it takes to send it back.

Thanks Walther. I'm an FFL dealer so money isn't the issue. It costs about $8 bucks for me to ship it there. I just didn't know if that was a design issue or what. Otherwise I like the gun. After about 100 rounds the webbing on my hand does hurt though.

I shoot my NAA Guardian a great deal, with rounds hot enough that the grips and that terrible grip screw comes off or the grips just break (sorry about the ranting, I had to design my own grip screw mod to stop that nonsense). Anyway, since the NAA has an open ejection port on top of the slide the brass will always go up and back. If you don't have a strong wrist lock when shooting, the little gun will raise up and the brass will "break your nut". Lock your wrist and it should solve your problem. It's a very nice little hide out gun. Can't wait till the Guardian in .380 is available.

Yeah, that "shooting the grips loose"...

..was a bother. However if you send NAA an e-mail, they'll send you their fix for the problem. It's two new slightly different grip screws with rubber gaskets. I've had them on my Guardian for almost a year, they work. No loose grips as of yet. Just remember to not snug them down too tightly. (So the rubber gaskets can do their job.)

Kentucky Rifle

If you can't get the problem fixed, I suggest always using your favorite brand of ammunition. At least that way you can have a cool headstamp on your forehead! :D

Good Shooting
RED

Is it only doing it with one brand of ammo? Because I had a Sig 228 that would eject into my forehead ONLY with PMC ammunition. Try a different brand and see if it still does it

Looked at the box and noted it's S&B, not Fiochi. Maybe I'll try the FeeOhChi ammo and see if that doesn't solve the problem.

As for the headstamp... that's a pun on another level. I'd love to have S&B imprinted on my forehead. It'd go great next to the mark from a 30-06 shell from a neighborly shooter's Garand that lodged between my glasses and eyebrow. I bent and scratched the glasses ripping them off my face. Then there was that drill bit that broke and took a chunk out of the center of my safety glasses. I'm the poster child for safety glasses!

I used to have an AMT Backup .45 that did that... "Disappointed" is not an accurate word to describe how I felt about it... :mad:

Back