NAA Guardian 32 auto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickster

Please, can any one tell me about this gun. I hope good things, because I plan on buying one. Is it reliable,fairly accurate etc.

There are many people who are completely satisfied with the Guardian, but I have not been one of them. I've had a very bad time with mine, requiring three trips back to the factory. I had repeated feed failures, a blown ejector, two broken slide releases, and two sets of cracked wood grips. The customer service has been great throughout, however, and today I received a brand-new gun, customized like my old one, with two extra magazines and a free set of Trijicon Novak sights! I'm taking it to the range tomorrow...I'll let you know how it goes.

The history that craigz tells is what I have heard. If you are not happy NAA will do whatever it takes to make it right. They have even bought guns back. EXCELLENT customer service. I find the Guardian a bit too bulky and bought the Autauga MkII. It is more Seecamp sized with a better grip and sights. I like the Autauga better than my Seecamp, althought the Seecamp is a .25.

I have had a guardian for approx. 7 months,have been very pleased with it carried as a back-up during the colder months,now I carry a S&W mod 332 90% of the time because it is 3 or 4oz lighter than the naa, and although that is only slight it makes a huge difference for pocket/shorts carry. I plan on picking up a keltec p-32 when they become approved and available to ship to mass.(IF) 6.6oz unloaded!

Ok, just got back from the range. 200 rounds of Fiocchi 73gr FMJ without a feed failure. Accuracy was no more than you can expect (in other words, mediocre at best). I did have two instances when the gun appeared to eject a live round along with the empty casing, but I think that was a mag problem, and as long as the gun goes bang I'm happy. I'm convinced now that I had a lemon, and although it was a very frustrating experience, I'm very impressed by NAA's response.

FWIW- I bought an early Beretta Tomcat 32ACP.
Several problems with feeding and ejecting-sent it to Beretta and within 2 weeks had it back with no problems since. They also sent a 2nd magazine.

[This message has been edited by Bill Lance (edited July 02, 1999).]

If you search this web site - You will come across my post regarding my visit to the NAA actory. These little Autos are very well made. Each is tested by hand, and put togeter by hand. They dont crank out a lot every day - but it is slow methodiacl and steady. By the way - each part of it is CNC Milled from a forged steel billet. If I remember right they was a couple parts of the mini revolver that was a CNC mill on a cast peace.

------------------
Every man Dies.
Not Every Man Truely Lives...

FREEDOM!

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

I too have been watching these NAA Guardians with a bit of longing.
This style of pistol seems to fit a niche that has been unfilled - its small enough to carry in light summer clothes, but still has a round thats at least marginally realistic for defense.
Like the Seecamp though, the price seems to be way above the value of what you are getting.
When released, they had a Suggested Retail of $400. Have the prices come down? Do you guys see this price dropping as the demand catches up with the market?

I just can't see paying that much for such a tiny piece. I think a realistic price is something like half that.

------------------
Keith
The Bears and Bear Maulings Page: members.xoom.com/keithrogan

Keith, I've had mine for about a year. I too winced at the price. Believe me, it's worth it. The cost is so high because the thing is made of Stainless and that increases production costs. There are a lot of intricate cuts and time consuming maching that has to get done.

The Beretta 25 is not a bad choice if you want something cheaper. $200 retail. I have one and like it a lot too. Some will argue that the 32 is a lot better than the 25. I won't.

I've had my Guardian about a year and, after the first couple of magazines, it's been totally reliable. Accuracy is good for it's intended use, and North American Arms has a reputation for excellent customer service.
I do plan on checking out the Kel-Tec .32 when it becomes available and comparing the two side by side.

Have had my Guardian for about a year now. Great little gun! I like it so much I sent it out to Scott,Macdougall & Associates for their PCP package and Novak sights. This one's a keeper! NAA customer service is second to none!

------------------
DAH BIG DAWG'S ON DUTY

Just purchased a NAA Guardian last week. I have heard lots of good things about these little guns. However, my first trip to the range with it was disappointing. Out of 100 rounds (70-CCI Blazers & 30-Hydra-Shoks), I had approx. 16 misfires (click,click,click,click,BANG!) and around 10 failures to feed correctly. My gun store sent it back to NAA. I have also heard great things about their customer service so we shall see how it goes.

Marco - Ah, he already has it paid for...

This is interesting. I know for a fact that they test fire EACH and EVERY pistol that they put out. If it doesnt work right, they put it in a seperate area to be worked on.

I hope they treat you right... I was going to order two for my sister-in-laws...

I will have to look at the Kel Tecs some time.

------------------
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac

I fired about 25 or so rounds through my Guardian .32ACP before its first malfunction. So... I'm sure it didn't give NAA any problems during their test fire before shipping. :)

DWM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back