NAA Black Widow Issues

Badger Arms

I just bought a Used NAA Black Widow. I wanted a small 22 but I wanted to be able to hold it and shoot it. I was very surprised by the results. At 15 feet, it will hit an aluminum can every time. The Magnums make quite a noise but shoot a little high.

I was using Maxi-Mags it the Magnum cylinder and Federal Lightnings in the LR cylinder. After about 20 lr rounds, I noticed that my trigger finger and thumb were turning black. Sure enough, after I wiped off the carbon and shot another cylinder, they were black again. This didn't happen with the Magnum cylinder. I did feel the powder spraying my had a bit with the LR loads also.

My question: Is this normal? I'd hate to send a normal gun back to the manufacturer.

Well, yeah...it IS "normal"...for lead-bulleted .22 ammo...try some PLATED bullets next time in the L.R. cylinder...like CCI "Mini-Mags" or Remington "Golden Bullets"...betcha' your "problem" will disappear!!!....mikey357

What he said :).

Some ammo is just "dirtier" than others - it's a factor of both the projectile (plain lead versus plated versus jacketed) *and* the powder type. Maybe even the primer composition.

Back