NAA 22 Mag for CCW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that it isn't a 44 mag, but my little NAA 22 mag lives on my person when I am off duty. I keep it loaded with 5 CCI MaxiMags.
It is little, light weight, and it cost me only $200 new in the box. I have the conversion for it so I can shoot lots of 22 long rifle out of the little pistol. I use an Uncle Mikes #1 size pocket holster or a small PagerPal. The little gun shoots better than you think. And with the 22 mags it wants to jump right out of your hand.
It sure beats the 92FS Beretta back home in the pistol safe because it is always with me. I have nothing but good things to say about North American Arms. I'd like to know if there are any more NAA fans out there on The Firing Line? If so please tell me how you pack the little NAA on your person.

If I felt like I could hide a bigger gun then I'd pack one. So please don't try and sell me a baby Glock, Kel-Tech, Kahr K9, or a compact 1911. I have tried to live by the this thought "The best handgun in the world is the one that you have with you when you need it".
I like The Firing Line alot and think that there is some good advice given on here.
Thanks guys.

Greetings Sgt; and Welcome Aboard !!!
I own a North American Arms .22 Magnum
myself; and have been very well pleased
with it. My law enforcement day's are
over; but I still carry CCW. In most
instances, I either have the NAA .22
Mag in my right front pants pocket.
Or, for "deep cover" conditions I
take a pack of Marlboro cigarette's
in the flip top box, empty the tobacco
and use the box to hide the gun !!!
It will "save your bacon" in most
case's. Often times, I carry the
little gun as a backup weapon to my
Sig-Sauer P220A in .45ACP. Hope this
helps some.

Message edited by Dan H. Ford on 11-12-99

------------------
Ala Dan

Can someone please tell me the secret to shooting these things with any degree of accuracy? I can't hit the broad side of a barn if I'm standing inside it with my NAA. The only way I can hit anything is if I shoot it underhanded (thumb on top of backstrap) at something really, really close. Any tricks you can share?

i have a naa 22lr and wear in a holster around my neck. i use the cci stingers in it for added punch. in the summer it is much easier to carry then my other guns. jf

My NAA 22 mag fits in a very well into a hard glasses case. You can carry in in your hand or pocket and no one is the wiser. Just fip it open and it is there.

------------------
TOUJOURS PRET
Swamprat

Recommend carrying two in 22LR, short barrel.

100% reliable using W-W ammo.

ALWAYS on me. Use the NAA wallet (suitably modified to comply with all Federal law).

------------------
"All my ammo is factory ammo"

I used to carry my NAA 22mag quite a bit. It still jumps into my pocket every once in a while. HOWEVER, there is something better out there. There are now four different 32acp pocket guns that are a definite improvement. I now carry the NAA Guardian quite a bit. It is a good bit more expensive, but seven 32acp beat five 22mag any day.

Excuse my for butting in with this opinion. There are still times when the 22mag is all I carry, but it has very serious limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back