N-frame Revolver Scope Mount

Anthony

I have a pre-agreement Smith & Wesson Model 657 in .41 Magnum with a six inch barrel in layaway. It is the newer generation of N-frame that comes drilled and tapped for a scope mount.

What kind do you guys suggest? Factory model? After market? Custom mount?

What kind of glass do your suggest? Scope? Dot sight? Brand? Magnification?

I'm planning on putting a scope or dot sight on it for short range sniping duty as has been used in the past by German special forces units and the Stakeout Squad in New York City.

- Anthony

Can't comment about sniping anything, never done it. Harvest a lot of big game though, never lost one. The best fit and finish mount and ring are coming from Weigand Combat. They are also some of the most friendly folk on the internet. Any 2X scope will more than do the job.

Robert

Burris

Anthony,

I have several "N" frames, but until last week, I had never mounted a scope on any of them. Last week I mounted a Leupold/Gilmore LG-1 red dot in a Burris ring and base set.

The Burris base mates up to the three factory drilled holes perfectly. The rings attach to the base with a hidden dovetail type system. The rear ring is adjustable for windage with a couple of opposed screws.

So far, I've only fired 500 rounds, but no sign of any problems. It's a quality system that seems to have been very well though out.

I haven't tried other systems, but I can recomend the Burris.

Good Luck...

Joe

I have SUCCESSFULLY mounted several 'scopes and red-dot sights on S&W revolvers using the base made by EGW...good design, excellent quality [as is everything of theirs that I've used] and its not as large/obtrusive as some of the other bases on the market...uses Weaver-type rings, BTW...hope this helps....mikey357

I ended up with a Leupold mount and double dovetail rings for a 1" scope that I dont need. If you want it, I'll sell it cheep. Comes with screws. Silver finish. bljamckeon@home.com

Back