• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

MySpace link stickie

Status
Not open for further replies.

nate45

I am putting forth the idea of starting a stickie in which the various TFL members who choose to participate can post a link to their MySpace Homepage.

This will give an easy way to meet each other, see each other and show pics of our guns and hunting pics.

I will start it with a link to mine if the Staff and members think it is a good idea.

We won't make it into a sticky thread, but if you want to start a thread in the Lock and Load forum, I don't think anyone would get any heartburn over it. In a sense it would be a virtual TFL get-together which is one of the intended purposes for that forum.

My space isn't very gun friendly, they may shut it down...

How so? I've seen other sites that obviously deleted pictures of guns posted by their members and such. Myspace has never deleted any of mine or any friends that I'm aware of. Maybe we're just lucky so far :D

Just wondering if you could explain a little more. Might not have a myspace much longer if you are right.

This will give an easy way to meet each other, see each other and show pics of our guns and hunting pics.

And here I was thinking that's what this forum was for......

Myspace is the Jerry Springer of internet web sites. Drama, immaturity, flash, shock, and yet no substance.

Myspace is the Jerry Springer of internet web sites. Drama, immaturity, flash, shock, and yet no substance.

I agree... there's really way too much "crap" on there. In my defense, and so I don't get confused with people who belong in the above statement, I have a myspace account soley to keep in contact with military buddies since we're spread across the globe. It's pretty easy and it's fun to see the pictures of their new guns :D

What about having picture galleries in your public profile here of hunting trips, range visits, etc. Eevryone here has a public profile, a small amount have facebook/myspace.

That feature does exist in the current version of vbulletin, but we have elected to turn it off for the very reason that TFL is not a Myspace/Facebook type of website. If we could be assured that only photos of firearms, hunting, etc. would be added to a member's profile, it might be considered - we can't be. Images in profiles would be much, much, harder to monitor than those in the various posts.

The question was asked and answered. It apparently died right there with the OP, so not much need for further discussion. (This thread isn't going to be the Myspace links thread, so the link in the preceding post has been deleted.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back