Mykl why did you move my topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scratch

I would like to know why my topic got moved? I don't mean to rude but I thought it fit the subject.
I wanted to hear from people who have had the both the trigger of the 10/22 worked on by the smith and those that have replaced the trigger parts themselves. I wanted to hear from those that have used both and what they think.
Just so you know, I posted in the gunsmith section too. I did this so that I could hear what they had to say. The technical point of view.I think most people don't go to that forum unless they have a question. So you don't get a users perspective.
Once again I was hoping for a users view point and not the smiths here in this forum.
Thank you for listening to my raving.
Scratch

I'm not Mykl but if I may be so presumptious I can probably answer your question for you. Many of the other firearms boards do not control their respective forums. Over time this bogs down the site. It also makes it difficult for members to locate threads of interest and areas that may be in their particular field of specialty. By keeping threads in their proper forum it increases the chance of the members best suited to address the question to see them and respond. There are also those that come to this and other boards and make the same post in several or all forums for maximum exposure. I myself occasionally have a post I would like to make on multiple forums but refrain in the interest of streamliing the site and conserving bandwidth.
For what it is worth I read every new post in the Smithy forum and do not consider myself a gunsmith. Although I can and do ocassionally answer a question. As they say even a blind soy gets and acron once in awhile. ;) Most of, if not all, the members that field questions there do give their reasons for suggesting the smithing opinions they offer. The members also use the guns they work on or have worked on by others so they are giving a "users" perspective as well.

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

Scratch;

Gunslinger pretty well covered it. The Forums are set for that very reason... while there are alot of Topics that could very well fit into more then one Fourm they should be placed in the most appropriate (or General if it fits none).

Multi-posting in different Forums is not good for a couple reason. Mostly it increases what the server (we are not "unlimited") has to handle but also it causes you, the original poster, to check numberous places and compile the info (which there will be alot of duplicate info which again affects the server and it keeps snow-balling).

Multi-Posts in the same Fourm is also verboten. I would expect that if this was done a Admin/Mod would lock one of the threads... or the originator of the duel Topic might also lock it now that he understands the problems it causes all around. (nod nod, wink wink)

------------------
Schmit
GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Geez, I feel just like a little junior moderator. Now if I only had the keys to excutive washroom...........
redface.gif

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

Well said all.
Scratch if you've any additional questions, please feel free to contact me via email.

Mykl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back