My Yugo SKS New Barrel ?

plumbercrack

I have a Yugo SKS that I love as it fires every time I squeeze the trigger and the rounds go where I want them. I have probably put at least 10,000 rounds through it and am wondering if I should be looking for a replacement Barrel. Any thoughts or input would be welcome.

you can pay for the ammo to wear out a SKS just pay the cost of 1000th of the ammo and buy another one of the things.

SKS

Not so any more. I paid $189.00 for it about 6 years ago and now is approaching twice that much. Besides that gun is so reliable I don't want to part with it. I guess I should have put it differently. Should I think about a barrel replacement due to wear? The bore is still clean but I am wqndering how many thousand rounds I can shoot without replacement.

If it still hits where you aim it, the barrel is fine. At 15 cents a round, 10,000 rounds is $1500. You can still buy a bunch of Yugos for that money!

TK

If it shoots fine, what's the worry? Shoot another 10,000 rounds and get back to us.

However, if you're really worried about bore wear, make your next SKS a Norinco. Their bores are chrome-lined.

Back