My Vaquero and Buffalo Bore ammo - what a Blast!

Charles Johnson

Well I finally got my Buffalo Bore Heavy .45 LC, 325gr at 1325 fps, ammo yesterday! What a hoot! This stuff is great! And I thought the Hornady 300 gr 44 Magnum was fun! The max for my indoor range is 44 magnum so when I let 6 of these go, the staff came back to check to make sure I was following the rules ;).

I couldn't be happier with the Vaquero. It is very accurate, cowboy action loads can be used for light recoil, and this super stuff can be used for hunting. The Vaquero with light loads is the only one of my handguns my 9 year old brother in law could shoot comfortably (my others are all 9mm), and he loved it!

I don't think I'd want any more power in a handgun. I will definitely feel confident with this as backup when I finally get to hunt hogs.

I have some similiar from Cor-Bon, 45 COLT Magnum+P 300gr JSP 1300fps/1126ft/lbs. I can't wait to try them out on pigs/deer.

I hear you about the hotter loads. I use cor-bon 45 colt +P in my vaquero and it works and feels great -- glad I didn't settle for a different caliber. All in all a very versatile caliber and good ergonomics on the pistol. Changing out the hammer spring and the trigger spring for the wolf reduced power ones make it even more fun to shoot -- very nice and light trigger pull.

Back