My three shot wonder gun...

shiroikuma

Well actually its a six shooter, a Colt Agent snubby .38. If I load only 3 rounds...1 empty 2 empty empty it becomes a wonder gun. I start wondering how the heck I ever hit any thing the way I jerk the trigger down in DA fire. After a box of ammo doing this, I wonder why I didn't do it before as my groups get really small! :) This is a wonderful advantage of a DA revolver. You can load so that empties will come up allowing you to see your errors and spin the cylinder so you don't know the order. With an auto you need a buddy to load the mag out of your sight with live and dummy rounds mixed.

I'm rather impressed with the old Colt Agent now. I really ,really need to get some day glow paint for the front sight though. That orange sticker I put on at the range is a little tacky :) LOL

Anyone got a wonder gun?

shiro

What you have "re-discovered" is referred to by the "old-timers" as the "ball-and-dummy drill"...when I first tried it, I ended up wondering WHO the dummy was ??? IMHO, the most effective/efficient practice one can do with a handgun is to "dryfire" a DA revolver--in the DA mode, of course! Coupled with the ol' ball-and-dummy routine during live fire practice, amazing progress CAN be made....FWIW....mikey357

The ball and dummy remains one of the best exercises to cure flinching. I practice it all the time. :o Seriously, shooting is a perishable skill and one should practice regularly. With a pistol, try using several magazines and load them differently from one another. Then when you're ready to shoot, select a magazine at random.

Back