My Stringer Upgrade

rinoray

In case any of you haven't seen any of George's work.
Thought I'd share my upgraded Colt Series 80. Originally was blued, scratched up and loose fitting slide to frame, and was reasonably accurate.
I had it hard chromed, accurized (slide/frame fit & new match bushing installed on barsto barrel), and rear sights installed. Took it to the range tonight and outshot my buddies Kimber Super Match.
Here's the photos: I feel like a new dad again! :D
View

View

The fit and finish is outstanding. If you need gunsmithing work George "Is the Man"!

WOW!!!
That will take up all my Mad money to get that done on mine. How long did George Have it? I need to get a hard chrome finish

Very Cool!

Upgrade time!

Coolray,
6 -8 weeks was turnaround time for all that. I made some changes along the way that might have extended it a little. It also depends on his backlog. But,the way it shot and looks, I'd wait whatever it took!
I would recommend calling him live to discuss you options, great guy to chat with, knowledgeable and a real gentleman.
He really does fantastic work & is also rea$onable.
If your a 45 guy a very worthwile phonecall!
:) :) :)

Stringer Gunsmithing
Phone: (270) 383-3346

rinoray,
I like it. Out of curosity why did you select Millet sights, and do you like them? Is the front sight chromed? Jerry

Colt Series 80

JerryM,
I selected the Millet sights becuase George had them on hand and made me an offer on them that was to good to pass up. Had heard good thing about them on various web sites was another reason. The front site is hard chromed (satin finish) almost no glare and good contrast between black rear sight window and front, good picture, can pick it up pretty quick. Man is this thing accurate!
Hope it helps!

Rinoray,
Thanks for the Phone Number I'll give him a call soon and get his input on whats the best for me. Thats a great looking pistol.....:cool:

Rinoray -- I am incredibly envious.

George -- What absolutely beautiful work. One of these days, when I have the money . . .

Umm, are we SURE about the rear sight??? The reason I ask...it looks an awful lot like the Italian-made LPA, as imported/marketed by Pachmayr, Mec-Gar and others. I've got several handguns fitted with Millett adjustables, but the ones in the pix look like-to me, at least-like LPA's...inquiring minds want to know!!!....mikey357

Millet sight correction

mikey357,
You are correct they are MecGar not Millet. My mistake!
Wasn't paying much attention when I answered the question, just consentrating on shooting it.
Thanks for catching it!
Regards,
rinoray

rinoray,
I tried to email you re this gun, but got a failure notice. Would you email me? jmmiles@zianet.com Thanks, Jerry

Back