My Springfield .45 - Is this a problem?

I was messing with my Springfield Armory 1911-A1 Milspec the other day, and noticed that it has a REALLY pronounced "hitch" when the slide is returning into battery.

I finally tracked this down to the disconnector stud.

Quite frankly, I don't know what this part should look like, and my experience with .45s is pretty limited, so I don't know how the slide should "feel" when it is going back into battery and depressing the disconnnector.

I've been having some failures to feed lately, but I'm pretty certain that has to do with crimp issues.

But, could the disconnector slow the slide down enough to cause this?

Should I be able to feel a "hitch" when the slide goes back into battery? It feels almost as if the slide is trying to catch, and stick; it doesn't feel like it's trying to smoothly push the disconnector out of the way.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Disconnector

Can you detail strip your pistol? If you can, with the disconnector in yourhand, scrape (lightly) the top plunger part across the radius cut in the slide. Can you feel where the hitch happens? If it is on this end, you can very lightly rub the sharp edges of the top tapers with 600 grit paper or an Arkansas stone to take burrs off the top. Apply a good dry lube to the radius cut in the slide.
Re-assemble. Try your trigger pull, slowly. Any disconnector click?
Try the hammer drop and slide rack function to see if the hitch is lessened. If not, buy a good quality disconnector from Brownels and install it.

Be Careful

If you do break the edges on the top of the disconnector do not shorten it's Overall Length in the process. There are other things also that can be done but I cannot explain them in detail enough over this medium.

Back