My Savage LRP needs a heavier trigger pull, what to do?

Onewolf

Inactive
I just bought a Savage Long Range Precision 260 and I plan to start doing some long range field/match shooting. The local long range shooting club requires a minimum trigger pull of at least 2 1/2 lbs (for field safety reasons). The Savage LRP trigger comes from the factory set to around 14 oz and from what I have been told it is limited to a max of about 1 lb of pull.

I was wondering if anyone has advice on what trigger options there might be for the Savage LRP to increase the trigger pull to the 2 1/2 lb range?

Thanks in advance for any info/advice.

Doug

I can understand a heavier pull for hunting application...

But a long range shooting club, requiring a 2.5 pound trigger for "safety reasons" flies in the face of logic.

The safety is your finger...not the one on the trigger.

How is it, exactly, they feel that a 2.5 pound trigger is going to prevent an accidental discharge that would occur with a 1.5 pound trigger?

I mean, 2.5 lbs is OK, but not ideal, and I'm trying to understand their "logic".

Switch the target accu-trigger for a regular accu-trigger. I personally would find a new club. I have not weighed mine but I have the same rifle and I bet my trigger goes from 6oz to at least 2lbs

Last edited:
Im with tobnpr----In all i have been in when Range is no go-Bolt is open and flag is in action. Hands are not on rifle.

Last edited:
Back