My Savage 110 in full camo.

Unruely

Well I finally got the nerve up to camo paint of of my Savage rifles. This one is a 10FP-LE2, 308. These are the best pics I could get, everything outside is covered in a layer of ICE. I used Krylon Camo paint and covered that in Aluma-hyde(?) epoxy matte clear. Everything worked great except the clear, it dried a high gloss when it says it is matte. I have be rubbing it down some to get rid of the shine, slowly but surely it is getting duller. I still have to darken up the inside of the extension tube. Some of the shine in these pics is from the flash, it sucks when its 4pm and to dark for decent photos without using a flash..
Before: It is the black one in the foreground.
2005_1016Image0007.jpg

After:
d6fd0c3d.jpg

3c88c16a.jpg

8254e85a.jpg

717bb92d.jpg

9db096d7.jpg

Martin

Paint

Wow That must have been initially a very scary experience - but it came out great- Good Job!

I have a question about your technique - did you use 4-6 colors? Spray can or air brush? How did you accomplish this feat? I have similar idea's for my own but not the method.

Nice work.

For next time, I've found the Krylon cammo paints to be fairly durable and completely flat with no overcoat. You can always touch-up an area and feather in a pattern.

-tINY

It was very scary to get started, but once I got rolling it was hard to stop.. I used 4 colors, (black, tan, brown, od green) Krylon Camo spray cans. I used painters tape and masked of random areaas all over the rifle to be used as shadows later. I then wrapped the rifle with "Jute" twine (most of the dark lines you see). I started spraying vertial bars with the brown paint, then sprayed the edges with tan. I then used leaves ,vines, and grasses as masks and started spraying the od green in small spots along with the brown and some tan. I then removed all the tape and twine, then rewrapped it with twine again and continued to spray, mainly with od green over the masks. Keep going until it was looking like I wanted.

Martin

I just came up with the pattern myself. The epoxy clear is very resistant to the solvents, that is why I used it.

Martin

:eek: Gorgous! Terribly jealous. I wish my 110 looked like that. I love the stock were did you get it? I still have a stock - Stock. Beautiful you must be very proud.

The stock is a Choate "Ultimate Sniper Stock", I picked it up off of Ebay but it can be found several places online. The camo came out looking much better than I imagined. I am hoping to get some better pictures outside soon as soon as the weather clears some... I have since darkened up the inside of the scope extension and it looks much better now!

Martin

Dang.

I'm not worthy! Excellent work.

I don't have the guts to try anything like that. Black will have to do for me.

Back