My Pilgrimage

Fred S

Folks:

Yesterday I went to Mecca. I had some business to do I Toledo, Ohio. I decided to mosey over to Camp Perry to buy the can of .30-06 you are allowed to get if you've purchased a CMP Garand. When I was in the warehouse processing my papers I asked the lady doing the work if she could copy my Garand receipt as I didn't have time to make one, she told me she didn't have a copy machine, but she could sell a whole case of .30-06 to me without the receipt because the National matches are goin on. I said "Wow, OK, I'll buy one!" Then I said "gee, what else can I buy?" She said "What do you want?" As I joke I pointed to a line of M-1s (Danish Army) and said "How about one of those?" She said "OK, just got to CMP HQ and process your papers." "Really?" I asked. "Really!" She replied. So by the time the day was over i went home with a new M-1, a case of ammo for it and a can of M-1 Carbine ammo. I also got to go over and watch the shooting and chat with the Army Marksmeanship team. I got to shop the NRA store, Fulton Armory store and the Springfield Armory store. I got tosee all the National trophies as the NRA had them on display. Man want a neat and inspirational day! The folks at CMP HQ were very nice, alloing me to have my wife fax in the needed documents. They were just very friendly and helpful.

If you are not a member of a CMP affiliate, search one out. This program is great and certainly can use all the support it can get.

Fred

Fred s,
I must have misunderstood they told me they dont have any carbines, but they do have these danish m1 garands, were some have european wood and beretta parts and that it does not count against my 1 garand a year, as its a seperate program....oh yeah....oh yeah.....price be $400.00, so now lets see they sell 22's to adults, a cmp garand, this danish garand, and there gearing up for air guns......whoooooora,,,,,,still no 1911's, or m1a's, but there is hope.......so I can get a seperate m1 garand receiver, a cmp garand and a danish garand, each year as long as they last....thats the possiblility of three garands a year for $1200.00 appx...plus for each garand purchased a tin of ammo........thank for the info, my packett is being mailed to me and it will be turned around soonest...fubsy.

Back