My only custom rifle....

Very nice. Looks like it will be a good varmint/pest control tool. I like the clean lines.

Do you have a chrono? I have heard of some people getting 4000 fps from the 220 Swift.

Thanks..No..I don't have a chronograph....The gun is a result of picking up parts here and there over several years....I wanted an accurate rifle that did not weigh a ton....I got the FN action from a JC Higgins rifle....The stock is a Choate..very light.....I forget what contour the barrel is....I did not have a gun that was in a true varmint caliber.....

Last edited:
100 yds..one ragged hole....I am interested in checking it at longer distances tho....50 gr Hornady Vmax moly....

Last edited:
The bolt..It has some sort of stamp on it....

Attachments

• IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0017.JPG
    IMG_0017.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 24

Attachments

• IMG_0019.JPG
    IMG_0019.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0020.JPG
    IMG_0020.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 18
The bolt..It has some sort of stamp on it....
Belgian definitive breeching proof mark. It means it was tested and passed as a breech. You will find it in the breech area on all Belgian firearms.

Scorch..I gave my SIL a mauser actioned gun..It is a lil different....It still has the FN made in Belgium on the action..Same proof mark on the bolt....But the action is a lil different....

Thanks for the bolt pictures Keg. Sometimes I am a bit slow. I had modern FN actions (AKA Pre 64 Winchester) on my mind. I was not even thinking about their military actions. Nice rifle.

Welcome to the realm of custom Mausers. I hope you blueprinted and lapped before installing the barrel. Really helps when things are True and Square. At any rate, they are a joy to own.

BTW, once you are completely satisfied, then its time for engraving.

Welcome to the realm of custom Mausers. I hope you blueprinted and lapped before installing the barrel. Really helps when things are True and Square. At any rate, they are a joy to own.

An extremely good gunsmith did the work....I would'nt trust myself....

Back