My “new to me”, Manurhin, .380, PPK/S

Trooper Joe

Just picked up this really nice Walther/Manurhin PPK/S. It looks like it was shot very little in its past life.

At first the finger rest magazine was not holding the slide open but after a thorough cleaning and spring swap with a new MecGar magazine, it works just fine. Ironically the MecGar mag which now has had the original Manurhin mag spring installed , now holds the slide back as designed.

Does anyone recognize the import information on the right side of the slide? Also, I am assuming it was made after the 1968 GCA and before 1985. Is there any way I can determine what year it was made?

Thanks for your interest.

Trooper Joe

Congrats! The Manurhin made Walthers are awesome!

My father bought a 22LR Manurhin PPK/S many, many years ago.
It was always 100% reliable and so much fun to shoot!

Enjoy shooting your PPK/S!

Quick edit to add: You may want to check over at the Walther forums - I've seen date ranges (although just for the 32ACP models), they may be able to help.
Another quick edit - just saw that you already posted over there!

Mine is a Manurhin used by the Austrian Police but in 7,65.

attachment.php

It was imported by Century International and the import code is on the bottom of the trigger guard.

WTT is the importer. They are not around any more and it's hard to find information about them. I believe the name was World Trade and Transport. They imported Manurhin firearms including some of the MR revolvers and the PPK/S pistols.

The gun was definitely made after 1968 as there were no PPK/S Walthers made before 1968. The PPK/S was made specifically to allow the importation of PPK "like" pistols after the 1968 GCA was passed.

Best guess for the gun's manufacture date is 1984-1986. There was only a narrow window where Manurhin was importing Manurhin marked centerfire PPK/S pistols to the U.S.

I imported a few way back when. Many others did as well. I was just a guy with a FFL BUT I spoke French and went to the factory so they were very receptive to me. You were required to stamp your FFL's name on the pistol.

Back