My new Thompson

Asmodeous

New to me at least. West Hurley Model 1928, made in 1979.

thompsom1.jpg

thompsom2.jpg

thompsomtop.jpg

thompsomdrum.jpg

Good shooter; accurate, and fun. The 50 round drum is a new production unit, runs fine so far.

Hello everyone.™

Nice plinker there...makes for a nice bear defense...well, not really :)

Hey show us more pics of it firing FA and stuff... :p

Congratulations!

I hope you get as much use and enjoyment from yours as I have from mine.

Suggestions: Obtain at least one type XX (20 round) magazine for display purposes. They run around $20 at gun shows. The 28AC with vertical foregrip and short mag is truly classic.

Also, buy a horizontal foregrip for use with your 30-round magazines. That way you have a twin to the Marines-in-Central-America version. It was featured in movie "Windtalkers" and was used by Sgt. Saunders in the "Battleground" TV series. For that, you'll want to get a Kerr "Nobuckl" sling and some appropriate webb gear.

Pay attention to the tightness of the rear sight. The standard one on the WH gun is not so nicely machined as the original Lyman sight, but it is optically better, having an integral aperture sight without having to use it in the raised position.

Just out of curiousity - - Do you mind saying the approximate price you had to pay for yours? When I got mine in 1993, the going price was around $2500, but it climbed sharply afterward.

Best of luck - -
Johnny

Nice Thompson

I shot a WWII Thompson in Atlanta Ga. It was an awsome expierance. I am in Germany right now and this past weekend I got to shoot an H&k g36 and a g36a1. I have some photos. It was a good time. Any day full auto is a good day.

Ouch!

Amazing.

But pretty much in line with what I've heard recently.

Mine came with a W. Hurley 39-round drum and a vintage Bridgeport drum. At that time, I could have purchased another W. Hurley 50-round drum for about $100 but thought that was too high. Oh, well - - Live and learn.

Best regards,
Johnny

JB Arms (Howard Block) has two minty West Hurley guns in stock. Good guy to do business with; I bought a pair of M11's, an M16, and an Uzi from him.

JBArms

Back