my new sw99

well boys and girls just came back from the range with my sw99 and all i have to say is it's a dream to shoot. started out by shooting low, fixed that with the smaller front sight(included) then put on the smaller grip. Ran 350 rounds through her and not one misfeed, goin back sunday(assuming the world is still here ;) ). I would have to recomend this gun to all who are looking into 9mm's

------------------
I need more toys. I must have more toys.

Good choice! :)
It's not the pure Walther,so it is not an excellent choice,but not bad anyway.
What is the deal with getting spare mags?
Here in Arizona, none of the (cough,choke) stocking Smith&Wesson dealers can get spare mags for either the Walther or the Smith.
At least with the Walther you can order them from Earl's!! :) I hear that the mags are interchangable, so that may be an option.

------------------
Just as there is no such thing as too much fun,
there is no such thing as owning just one gun!!!

Now, go do the right thing, and buy that Walther!!

I had my hands on a new Walther last week. The mag was made by Mec-Gar. Maybe they will make them available directly soon.

I have a Walther P99, and I agree that they are fine weapons. I still use the Glock for the serious stuff but the Walther is my new favorite. No failures yet and BTW in the Shotgun News they have hi-caps in there for $100 a peice. Think it was KY Imports.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Thank you for your interest in Mec-Gar magazines. Unfortunately Walther owns
the tooling rights to the P99 magazine. Being so, Mec-Gar can not offer this
magazine in the consumer aftermarket.

Sincerely,

David Kochol
Mec-Gar USA, Inc.[/quote]

Has anyone tried the Walther high-cap magazines in the SW99? I recently bought 3 Walther high-caps from Earl's (to beat the California ban), but I'm leaning toward getting the SW99. I haven't seen one in 9mm, and would really appreciate any first-hand experiences with the pistol, and especially with using Walther magazines in it. Thanks.

I'm getting my P-99 as soon as my shop opens after these frikkin' holidays end.

I looked at the SW-99. I'm sure it's a fine weapon, I just liked the way the Walther looked and I'm just not too crazy on S&W auto's.

Hi-Caps can be found at FSGUNS.COM. I don't know if there are anynore left (they just shipped one to Hawaii, goes to show how much they're wanted), they are $125.00. I grabbed one.

I don't see why they won't fit on an SW-99.

Good luck with it NMT.

Here's the reply I got from Mec-Gar:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Mec-Gar manufactures the OEM magazines for both Walther and Smith & Wesson.
The tooling is the same for both magazines. Walther owns the tooling and
gave permission for Mec-Gar to manufacture for S&W.[/quote]

------------------
Protect your Right to Keep and Bear Arms!

Back