My New Rabbit Gun

redrick

It's a Weatherby SA-08 Deluxe 20 ga. .

I took it hunting yesterday and got one rabbit and missed one .

I need to shorten the LOP . Weatherby list the LOP @ 14 1/4" . Mine measures 14 1/2 inches . That is one of the reasons I bought the deluxe over the synthetic model , so that I can have the stock cut down . With a heavy coat on I can get by with a 14" LOP, but 14 1/2 is just to long . I might just see if a gunsmith can replace the thick rubber recoil pad with a thin plastic recoil pad .

I only shot it twice and it ejected and feed Remington Long Range #6 shot 2 3/4" 1oz. 1220 fps. shells perfect , without a break-in period using the light piston .

Attachments

• Weatherby SA-08 Deluxe 20 ga 007.JPG
    Weatherby SA-08 Deluxe 20 ga 007.JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Weatherby SA-08 Deluxe 20 ga 008.JPG
    Weatherby SA-08 Deluxe 20 ga 008.JPG
    228 KB · Views: 30
  • Weatherby SA-08 Deluxe 20 ga 009.JPG
    Weatherby SA-08 Deluxe 20 ga 009.JPG
    182.6 KB · Views: 30
Thats nice!

I use a Pardner 20g for squirrel and rabbit. Its so light to carry all day.

I had the barrel modified for screw in True Chokes. Works pretty good just no chance of a follow up shot:D

Yeah , the Weatherby is a lot lighter ( 6 lbs. ) than my 12ga. A5 and 870 that I was using . I noticed a difference at the end of the day .

I only got one shot at both of the rabbits I saw . I could of made a second shot but a kid moved and I saw him when I swung for the second shot , so I did not shoot .

New rabbit gun

Congrats redrick,on your new rabbit gun.Now a pair of a-1 beagles will double its use!Good Hunting,Skeets

I would like some beagles of my own , but my friend that I hunt with has 15 . We dropped out 9 of them yesterday . What a beautiful sound , beagles running a rabbit .

There is a beagle club near me here in Roanoke. I have never been able to hunt them with dogs, I bet its something to see!

Guns and Beagles

Guys got to stay on shotgun topic but add in the beagles and triple your fun! Good Shooting,Skeets

Back