My new match pistol

Willie Lowman

Drove up to Delaware and picked up this new CZ Tactical Sport 2.

Haven't had time to shoot it yet. Dry fire shows the trigger to be crisp and right around 2 pounds. The gun itself is heavy and sits comfortably in my hand.

I am not happy about the placement of the slide stop/release as I don't subscribe to the "sling shot it every time" method of reloading.

Anyway, I am switching from my Glock 34 to the CZ for this competition year. We'll see how it does.

7c1df4891d0f665fbccd54d1c3fb6fce5e7c34f2.jpg

Use your support hand thumb to hit the slide release when you seat the magazine. You won’t have to slingshot if you don’t want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I shoot to slidelock in USPSA, I have made a mistake and either passed up my planned reload or taken too many makeup shots.

I own a CZ Shadow 2 -- and it makes me feel like i belong on Top Shot when i shoot it -- such incredible handguns (everyone should own at least one). I had a small adjustment to running around with the heavy weight of the pistol holstered (shortened my belt just a little). I think you will love that TS2.

Anecdote Alert

We had a guy watch matches for about four months, he wasn't going to enter with an ordinary gun, he was waiting on his TSO to come in and then the special order holster.
He only shot the TSO .40, Lim Major for a few months before he discovered CO and now has a dot on top of some other CZ.

A Tac Sport 2, first I have heard of this model. (I freely admit that I don't keep up with new/current production offerings hardly at all)

I have the original Tac Sport which was discontinued right around when the Tac Sport Orange arrived.

It almost looks to me like this Tac Sport 2 is being marketed as an understudy to the TSO? Is that accurate?

It's a great looking pistol but I'm not sure why the original was discontinued... if this one now appears. I see the aluminum grips as a genuine upgrade, I believe the fiber optic front sight is likely considered an upgrade (I don't care for them) but what else beyond the finish makes this different than the discontinued original Tac Sport?

It's a better looking pistol than mine! :D I'm a sucker for those blue grips.

There was a Tactical Sports Blue a bit less dressed than a Tactical Sports Orange.
It is hard to keep up with the parts bin engineering.

It almost looks to me like this Tac Sport 2 is being marketed as an understudy to the TSO? Is that accurate?

The TS2 is about $200 less than the Orange. It lacks the adjustable sights of the Orange and has a smaller yet still extended mag catch button.

If I shoot to slidelock in USPSA, I have made a mistake and either passed up my planned reload or taken too many makeup shots.
This.

Nice blaster. You will enjoy it.

I'm still kind of hoping that the DWX from Dan Wesson makes an appearance sometime soon.

Glad someone else pointed it out. They are kinda parts bin guns right now with all being on an SP-01 variant frame. The original silver frame Tac Sport was the 97 frame, right?

Accu, Bull Shadow, Shadow, Shadow II, Orange, Tac Sport II, Blue...

But pretty. The photo makes the slide length huge :)

Back