My new Krag short rifle

madcratebuilder

Sold to me as a Philippine Constabulary carbine. I didn't argue that it's high school short rifle. Same as a Constabulary carbine, just built at Springfield Armory instead of the Manila arsenal. This stock has been replaced at one time. The action/barrel and furniture are original.

Schoolerifle3_zpsd98ff6b5.jpg

Schoolerifle4_zps8ff47196.jpg

Schoolerifle2_zpse68903ab.jpg

Schoolerifle5_zps01cf34ca.jpg

Schoolerifle6_zps75ecab93.jpg

Schoolerifle8_zps204d6ad9.jpg

Just as long as you didn't pay the Philippine Constabulary carbine prices! The real thing can be very expensive. Neat looking rifle by the way.

I feel I did good price wise, $900 shipped. Even promoted as a school carbine with a replacement stock it should fetch more than that. I've been watching Krag prices for almost a year now and I think this is worth at least $1500.

Most of the Philippine Constabulary carbines ended up in the Manila bay and about 5K of the school rifles made at Springfield Armory there's not many of these around that are legit. A lot of fakes but if you look at the right stuff it can be spotted as fake.

I don't think there is a way to tell the difference between a Philippine Constabulary carbine done at the Manila Arsenal and the school rifle done at Springfield Armory.

Back