My new Beretta!

cobraman

I bought a Tomcat last night! NIB Ashley sights. I am going to use it for pocket carry.

What is the best .32acp round to carry?

tomcat

magsafe makes a great load for the .32 acp. I looked at a Tomcat at a shop awhile ago and was suprised to see how thick it was. Still a very nice gun..........mike

Hey cobraman,

I carry Fiocchi FMJ in my Guardian. I figure that 32acp is such a marginal caliber, I want to get maximum penetration. That means FMJ, and Fiocchi currently makes the hottest FMJ. It's also relatively inexpensive so I can always practice with my carry ammo.

Just my 2 cents, YMMV, and JMHO, ;)
Gino

Congratulations on your new baby! I also agree with the ammo selection that Timujin made. If the MagSafe is unavailable you could also consider Glaser Safety Slug (Blue) or Cor-Bon BeeSafe for defense. Federal American Eagle (AE32BP) makes great and inexpensive range ammo. If you ever have questions about your Beretta stop by the forum, http://www.beretta-forum.com

Darryl

I load mine with silvertip up spout and FMJ in mag. No reason to tempt fate with a feed problem.
Very reliable. I bought the first one that hit Sacramento as far as I know. Good gun.

Ok I went to the range on Friday with the Tomcat and My Cz75 PCR. One jam in the first mag for the Tomcat. I look at the gun angerily and then I noticed lube dripping from the slide. I had over LUBED! So wiped off the excess and went back to work. Perfect after that. One jam in 100 rounds seems pretty good to me. The Ashley sights make it easy to find the sights and shoot accurately. I am really surprise by the accuracy of such a small gun.
Then I shot my prime carry piece the Cz. I am still amazed by quality of this gun.

I routinely use Fed H/S, Speer Gold Dots, and Silvertips in my Tomcat. For some reason, it doesn't like Fiocchi JHP (does fine with the FMJ, actually, it eats most any factory FMJ Fine) Mine took about 200 rounds to become fully reliable. You're right on about the over lube - it's a gun that likes to be kept clean and lightly lubed, and a pocket holster is a real good idea (keeps the crud out). Since it's a blowback, it will get dirty relatively quickly, and when I take it to the range every 6 months or so for function testing (I carry it much more than I shoot it), it starts misfeeding after about 100 rounds or so, but then again, you probably wouldn't get into a protracted gun fight with a peashooter. The only complaint I've had is that it's real easy to get slide 'bites' if you've got big hands. Nice little kitty, enjoy. M2

Back