My missing "Highway Patrol" might have been a Model 14...

Adventurer_96

If you may remember in a post from about a week and a half ago, I'm trying to track down the .38 I traded away about a year and a half ago. S&W .38, 6" bbl, used in a revolver league. On the purchase paperwork the dealer wrote "Highway Patrol" but in actuality it was not on the gun itself. And, being a true neophyte, I didn't even know what model Smith it was.

Yesterday an acquaintance from the gun club was letting me use his reloading presses for some shotgun shells and he showed me a Model 14 .38 which was pretty darn close to the one I traded away, except for his red-dot sight and rubber grips, maybe Pachmayr.

At any rate, I think I may have found the model. Were Model 14's common in revolver leagues? And, were they made in the 1940's and 1950's? If so, at least I may have tracked down the model at least, I only need the gun!!!

La perte des armes est la fin de la liberte.

I know a guy with a 1960s or 1970s vintage Model 14, 6-inch barrel, who no longer shoots PPC with it (mostly mild lead wadcutter ammo). He might want to let it go, 'cause he's always saying he has too many revolvers.

Like there really is such a thing!

Want me to ask if he wants to sell it?

Cheapo:

I may very well take you up on the offer. The guy in Alabama who got my revolver hasn't called/written back yet, but if I can't get that one I may be in the market, especially in the AZ area.

Thanks, I'll keep you posted (so to speak...) on the situation.

La perte des armes est la fin de la liberte.

He might have written Highwat patrol as if it was a used gun from some highway patrol dept. The actual smith Highway Patrolman was the model 28. More than likely the gun you are talking about, and it was a popular gun with LEO's at the time was the K38(pre model 14).

Back