My Mauser family

Ky_Collector

Here is a pic of my Mauser family. The K98s have late war stocks. I wish they were all matching, but I didn't have the money for one of those. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0408.JPG
    IMG_0408.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 356
handsome family. I only have but one bastard child from the mauser clan, a M41 of "questionable" origins. I like the cock on close action better. I like the derivative families better myself, the M1917 and Arisakas derived from the M96 mausers and the springfield derived from the K98 and krags just feel better to me...

I have a type 99 that has a great bore, but the stock is beat to death. It has a very smooth action though. The gunsmith said that if I could find ammo for it, it would fire all day long no problem. It still has the aircraft sight. Why in the world did they think they could shoot down a plane with a bolt action rifle?

japan was very minimalist. they had very few tanks, AA turrets, and other heavy equipment. they emphasized infantry and tried to outfit them in a manner that would allow them to do anything, hence, dust covers, monopods, AA sights, and all manner of gadgets which most soldiers summarily removed. my type 99 has everything intact but the dust cover and the mum.

To quote my wife . . . "How many do yu need? Can you shoot more than one at a time?" :D

Nice collection! They all look like fun! :)

They were a stopgap for Spain while changing to the CETME self-loading rifle. They were quite popular her in the US till people figured out a lightweight carbine in 7.62NATO had a heck of a kick.:eek:
The FR8 was supposedly better as it had a large ring action, but the FR7 had a small ring.
I have fired a friends FR-7 & it is a bit stiffer for recoil than my Enfield No5:D
more info here:
http://world.guns.ru/rifle/repeating-rifle/sp/fr-7-fr--e.html

Sorry about that, I should have listed them:

1) WWI German Mauser converted to shotgun after the war.
2) DOU45 K98
3) BYF43 K98
4) 1934 Banner rifle
5) Yugo 24/47
6) Czech VZ-24
7) Spanish FR-8

Back