My M1 Garande has arrived!

Joe Portale

Man am I excited! My M-1 arrived today only after three weeks!!! It looks pretty good, the wood has some dings, but what the hell it adds character. Man, if this bad boy could talk.

Can anyone give me some advise on cleaning the stock? It is almost black on the grip and portions that would see alot of handling. The stock is also really gooey from the linseed oil and cosmoline.

One more while I'm being a pest. Is there a web site that I can research the serial number. There are a couple of things that look a bit strange to me. One is that there are initials stamped on the left side of the stock below the reciever "A A O" I'm assuming these are the initials of some inspector. Also, the reciever is OD green. I have seen other M1's and the metal is much darker.

Thanks and pass the ammo!!

------------------
Joe Portale
Sonoran Sidewinder
Tucson, Arizona territory

www.jouster.com

That place is chock full Garandaholics. I posted receiver # and barrel # and rec'd info back in short time. They'll answer any question you have. Plus, there are great links to tips pages and what not. Now go play.

I almost forgot. Don't forget to go to www.odcmp.com and order your tin of 30'06 ammo. 280 rds, comes on clips, for $60 ($84 delivered). Seems like a decent deal to accompany your new friend.

[This message has been edited by othermarc (edited October 15, 1999).]

Back