My least fancy grips

OK so I got my new PT111 G2 not long ago. Holster comes in the mail yesterday.

First time packin it and about 5 minutes into my walk around Walmart it becomes unbearable! The grip is sto textured that it's like 60 grip sandpaper. Luckily I had two shirts on so I could put one between the weapon and my skin to make it through my shopping trip.

Solution. Cut a bike tube, use a little soap and water and presto! Perfect FREE grips! They are soft on my skin and feel awsome in the hand.

From now on all my pistols will get this treatment.

Attachments

• PT111 G2a.jpg
    PT111 G2a.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 186
  • PT111 G2b.jpg
    PT111 G2b.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 106
  • PT111 G2d.jpg
    PT111 G2d.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 95
For your information, 3M company, under the Scotch brand, makes a black clamping tape available from hardware or hobby shops. This tape only sticks to itself. Wrap a grip with this several turns, stretching it as you apply, until you've covered the area and press it real good. You will have to cut it off.

Too bad we didn't have this as a kid repairing cracked baseball bats.

Bob Wright

Didn’t care much for the gun, summer time it was way too slick. Then a Glock rep suggested these.
Very expensive at 9$.
Stick on sandpaper cut to the shape of the grip.

Last edited:
Three good ideas so far, I like the OP's the best though!

But you should have put the blue stripe on the outside so the gun looks fast.

Ivan

I've used electrical Heat shrink tubing on a few poly guns. Its thin enough to let some of the texture thru and not have that noticeable of a seam, but still has that comfy rubbery feel.

Also since it shrinks to the gun it doesn't move much or at all. run an razor knife down the backstrap to remove.

Steve, you're too sneaky to understand. lol

Good job on the solution. I'm not a fan of any slip on grips personally. I would have probably sanded the gun down a little. Not what you'd thinking....by hand. You won't even notice it aesthetically.

I carry a PT145. Grip never bothered me. Mine rides very low inside my belt, in one of those cheap nylon holsters, that might be the difference. I can't find a good leather holster for the model and spending $100+ for a custom for a $300 gun isn't in the budget. :)

Back