My latest New Frontier............

Bob Wright

Scored this .45 Colt New Frontier recently on GunBroker:

Not factory original grips, of course, but just happened to have a correct pair layin' around, factory walnut:

The trigger pull is terrible on this gun, as most Colts come from the factory. Will require a little slicking up. This first outing at the range"

Pass inspection?

Bob Wright

BOB WRIGHT: Well it looks like You scored another real treasure. It looks just really drop dead beautiful to me. ((( You for sure passed Inspection on this one. )))
ken

Nice..... But if you switch to 8.5 grains of Unique with your cast bullets poured from wheelweights, it would tighten your groups up enough to move on out to 25 yards or so....;) Just kidding, of course, but I do wonder what your cylinder throats mike out to. It looks promising and I'm sure you will soon have it all dialed in for some longer ranges. I wish I still had one of those. Alas, I must make do with a Vaquero...

Too bad it doesn't shoot well! LOL

Looks like you found another nice one! If it shoots that well with factory trigger, I'd hate to see what it will do once you slick it up some! Very nice! Enjoy and thanks for sharing!

The New Frontier is a wonderful gun.

Luckily, in many cases, it's not as valued as the 1873 Model P
renditions and therefore can be had at a bit less money on the
used market.

Of course, the name comes from honoring Jack Kennedy's
New Frontier and I believe he received one of the first
produced. How things have changed.

Good looking gun, Bob. And it seems to shoot very well as well. By the way, what are you using for a photo editor now that photo bucket is out of the picture? Best regards Rod

Well, Bob

I've told you this before. You have entirely too many New Frontiers and you should sell one to me. I like that 45 Colt with the 7 1/2" barrel. How much do you want for it?

Uncle Ed said:

Luckily, in many cases, it's not as valued as the 1873 Model P
renditions and therefore can be had at a bit less money on the
used market.

Prices for New Frontiers are climbing at an alarming (to me) rate. Current MSRP now is pennies under $1900.

rodfac asked:

..................And it seems to shoot very well as well. By the way, what are you using for a photo editor now that photo bucket is out of the picture? Best regards Rod

I continue to use PhotoBucket. So far I've had no problem. I did pay the $15 for ad-free access.

Armybrat asked:

Excellent acquisition! What year of manufacture?

Birthdate 1981.

Bob Wright

Thx Bob, I'll have to look again, I was under the impression that PB changed their policy, charging $300 per year for access...
Just checked: it's $400 per year for their (500) plan which allows 3rd party posting. Sorry for the thread jack...just thought you'd found a better way.
Rod

Last edited:
As I understand it, Bob, third party hosting allows one to store pics on a web sight, then post those same pics elsewhere with a click or two. Computers are not my bag, and PB used to be easy to click and post for me, here and elsewhere...I've got 50+ pics in hostage as we speak, at PB. Rod

Well, I guess I'm in the dark regarding PhotoBucket.

I have maybe fifteen albums on PhotoBucket, each album a "subject" such as Scenics, Family, Rugers, Colts, etc. and I open whichever album I want for the photo, copy the photo and pasted it into the website I want.

This is offered free, though I opted to pay the $15.00 fee for ad free access.

I don't understand the $400 fee folks are claiming?

Recent photo:

Bob Wright

Back