My latest buys --

Ricekila

9 MM / .22 TCM - 1911 --

16-Feb-2_zpsrp0j5rdt.jpg

28-Dec-2_zps12lwhbgb.jpg

And a Heritage Rough Rider in .22 LR --

19-Mar-3_zpszco9vwtx.jpg

Nice additions. I've never shot .22 TCM 9R... I understand that they trade bullet mass for increased velocity and lowered recoil. Wonder how much... does it feel like the FN 5.7x28 if you've ever fired that?
I'm liking my SAA's more and more shooting at the range. I like the different feel having to cock them, than my semi-auto's. I seem to take more time aiming and taking careful shots than I do with the semi's. Of course I also go through less bullets per hour than I do with the wheel guns!

TCM recoils like a 22 Magnum. Big boom though, very big boom. Very fun.

OP - unless RIA changed something you shouldn’t need the 22TCM9R for the 1911. I was able to run the standard 22TCM without an issue. The 9R is a bit shorter for things like the EAA model or the Glock comvserion.

Nice! How much does a box of 22tcm run? RIA had a 9mm/22tcm very similar to my Sar K2P a year or two ago. It intrigued me.

Edit: Maybe it was EAA, not RIA.

Nice! How much does a box of 22tcm run? RIA had a 9mm/22tcm very similar to my Sar K2P a year or two ago. It intrigued me.

Edit: Maybe it was EAA, not RIA.
Looks like it’s running around .30/rd currently online. I can remember paying around $18/box in site when I had mine last year.

With the 9 MM barrel -- the recoil is average -- with the TCM -- I can hardly feel it - but its noticeably louder & I dont need a flashlight -- LOL

16-Feb-3_zpsicqiso9w.jpg

Went to my local gun store this afternoon & bought a gently used Taurus PT-92 in 9 MM -- Monday I'll do the -- "Yaphank Shuffle" - LOL

Buy the gun - get the paid recipient in hand --- go to Suffolk Police Headquarters in Yaphank -- get a purchase permit - take said permit back to the gun store -- fill out the NICS form - if not delayed -- they hand me my gun -- I take it back to Yaphank -- they inspect it & add it to my licence --

Thats the Yaphank Shuffle - LOL

Pic on Monday ? ;)

I even found a few extra mags on line --- cheap-ish ;)

Last edited:
Ever consider a career in Southern Law Enforcement?? :D
(famous words spoken to Tubbs by Crockett in the first episode of Miami Vice...)

none of that shuffle stuff down here! ain't even gotta be a LEO ;)
Just gotta be a non-felon!

Oh, any round is reloadable.

You would expect a round 2 years old and guns still in production by the creator/manufacture of the round (Rock is owned by Armscor) would have ammunition in production.

It does not a appear this is true, at this point.

Yep. Just checked outdoor limited, buds, ammodepot, classic, ammoboard, ammoseek...

TCM has one seller online with limited stock.

Round is dead until further shipment/notice.

Yep. Just checked outdoor limited, buds, ammodepot, classic, ammoboard, ammoseek...

TCM has one seller online with limited stock.

Round is dead until further shipment/notice.
I ran into lulls of ammo supply during my short ownership of one. Always seemed to bounce back. Wonder if Armscor does this one in batches.

Holy Crap that's a big fireball!!! I hadn't even heard of that round till this post. What are the ballistics on it and how much are the rounds going for? I imagine these "odd ball" cartridges are pretty pricey.

Back