My Hi Power Quartet

beeker77

This all began when I first started dating (and eventually married) my wife who already had - as original owner - a very nice FN/Browning (Made in Belgium/Assembled in Portugal), lower right in photo. She commented she didn't totally care for the original grips, so I installed the Hogue "glove" with the finger grooves, and she loves it now. Admiring her Hi Power, I then discovered the FEG "Hungarian option" as a lower priced alternative to finding and buying an FN Hi Power for myself, and quickly acquired three FEGs, on one of which I also installed the same-model Hogue glove. I've shot both hers and mine (7-yard target, below) so far, equally accurate (very!), but have not gotten the 'wood grip' FEGs to the range yet. ...Soon! :p

2020-02-19_3-FEG_1-Browning_zpsdyhiyztl.jpg

FEG_Hi-Power_9mm_7-yards018_zpspzysdqxi.jpg

The FN-license for FM actually ended back in the mid 1970s. All Argy since then. Notice the design differences in your pics.

I too got Hi Power fever, I now have twenty including an Argentine, light weight, four consecutive numbered, prewar, E series, T series and on and on. For some reason I can never get this forum to process a photo.

I picked up a FEG Hipower a couple years ago for a couple hundred bucks. Love this thing, it's a keeper. Once I put in a new extractor and spring it's been 100% reliable. Eliminated the mag disconnect and now I see what the deal is with Hipowers. Just something about the balance and how it feels in the hand makes an all steel gun feel light in the hand. Mine is very accurate and just a sweet gun all around.

FM also makes a licensed Browning Hi Power clone

jar:
Hmmm... Didn't know about the Argentine production until recently. Those FM Hi Powers would look nice with my Sistema27 and Ballesters. I've been looking at this FM available here in Texas. Anything to watch out for? Did all FMs have those grips?

gunbroker_02-20-20_zpsushdnrbc.jpg

Not 100% sure, but I think all the commercial FMs came with those grips, and military models came with more conventional grips.

Don't discount the Arcus clones. Good value for the money. Not nearly as polished but you could easily buy 2 for 1.

Back