my great wife!

robins

I have the best wife around! For my birthday, she went out and bought me the Kimber Ultra CDP I was admiring in a gun mag. She's not into guns much (although she shoots my SIG 220 REAL well), but likes me to have the toys I want.

So...any of you guys out there with CDP's got any advice for me? I had a Kimber Polymer that was a jam-o-matic, and am hoping the CDP is going to be a much different experience. It certainly looks and feels great. Heading to the range with plenty of ammo soon to try her out.

My Ultra hasn't had any problems with anything I've tried so far. The gun came with a Kimber mag (whoever makes them for them anyway) that said it held six rounds. It works just fine with seven of anything EXCEPT Winchester Silvertips. Six only for them or the first round won't feed. The two Colt OM mags I bought are both seven round and work with anything. (fit just fine as well) Accuracy has been amazing for a "belly gun". Sights were dead on with 230 ball at 50 yards (not my choice of ammo for this one though!) With 185 XTP's at about 95% of max it is dead on out to 25 yards. Just a bit low at 50 yards (maybe an inch or inch and a half). This year my wife got me a Rossi M92 in .45 Colt for my b-day. Already got my Xmas present too, a S&W M544 - five inch N frame from 1986 in .44 WCF (.44-40). :D

Congrats on your new Kimber. My wife let me trade her glock 19 on my Ultra CDP and then we bought her a Kel-Tec p32 and a little later we picked up a Taurus UL85 for her "Truck Gun". It's great having a Lady like her and a Pistol like a Kimber CDP! Mine hasn't coughed the first time in about 500 rounds. It also holds 7+1 . Now you need to check out those braveheart Kydex holsters . It's the only one I've seen that I feel comfortable carrying cocked and locked.www.skdtac.com

My wife also bought me a Kimber Ultra CDP for our 40th anniversary. It came with a 6 round Mec-Gar magazine. It went through its first 100 rounds of lead SWC without a bobble. I then cleaned it and put it in the safe to rest.

For my birthday, she bought me a Kimber .40 S&W Classic Target in stainless. It also shoots beautifully. It also came with Meg-Gar magazines. The folks a Kimber told me that is who makes all of their magazines now and there are only two mfrs of magazines, Mec-Gar and Metalform.

marsh

Do any of these women have a single female relative over 30 that bears a striking resemblance to Claudia Schiffer?

My wife bought me a .45 Colt Anaconda revolver. Sorry, i'm on the semi-auto forum. But my wife thinks of me and my toys anyhow. By the way she doe's have some good looking sisters but they're all married.

I don't know yet what mine is getting me for Xmas but she was looking at a bunch of gun staff in the store the other day. I'v ebeen dropping hints about a Ruger PC9 carbine, we'll see what happens.

She's getting a Kel-Tec P32 for Xmas. Don't tell her and spoil the surprise!

The smartest thing I ever did was include my wife in my hobbies Guns and Computers.....So when I spend a few $$$$$ she sees the value in it just as long as I don't get greedy and forget to buy her something. I did,I bought her a Taurus 85 ss .38 snubbie see saw that and wanted it,,her wish is my command...then I bought me a 1911A1 it works for us :D

Could you guys get your wives to talk to my wife and persuade her to do the same as your wives? Mine gets upset when I look at gun catalogs.

My wife has gotten me a gun for the last 2 Christmas in a row. She hasn't even complained that I have bought six handguns in the last two months.

Back