my glock 43 revival

Metric

Back in 2015, I was one of those guys who couldn't wait to get my hands on a G43. I got one from the first shipment to my state. Finally, it was the single-stack 9mm Glock should have been making for a decade.

With a techna clip, the thing is superb for IWB concealment. Already thin, but with zero added holster thickness. And fully accurate and reliable.

BUT it came out just before the new wave of small, double-stack pistols. With a stock mag capacity of 6 shots always nagging me in the back of my mind, there was just too much incentive to move on to the G48 w/ a 15-shot Shield Arms magazine (which I did for a while). I nearly traded the 43 away (the sight and spring upgrades I had done just barely prevented me from doing it).

But I'm glad I didn't.

Lately, I find myself carrying the 43 more than anything else. The magguts +2 mag extension has made a huge difference for me.

Mostly a mental difference, probably. But at 8+1 rounds, the 43 becomes equivalent to the classic service 9mm's in firepower. The Luger, the P210, the P6, the P7, the M39, etc. etc. Somehow, I think 8+1 is the threshold at which I stop having any worries about magazine capacity. More is always a nice bonus, but it doesn't address any real need for me.

The Sig P365 still has a firepower edge in a package of the same size (another 2 shots). But there are other trade-offs -- the trigger on my 43 is probably the best of any Glock I have, and I like it better than the "revolver-like" trigger pulls of the competition.

I am really surprised by this. I had thought the G43 was destined to be the gun that sits in the back of my safe for the rest of my life. But I was wrong. With that one little mag upgrade, it's exactly what I need for practical, every-day concealed carry.

No. Not unless I perceive a higher-than-normal threat level.

But not because of the clip. There are toddlers around, and I feel the need for an extra layer of redundant safety. When that situation changes enough, I will likely go back to fully chambered carry -- my experience with the clip has not given me cause to worry.

I personally wouldn’t be comfortable carrying that clip with a round chambered and the trigger guard uncovered. But that’s me. I’d rather a Raven Concealment Vanguard if I wanted a minimalist holster. I’ll caveat this by saying I carry a non-minimalist holster exclusively, so my tolerance for a bulkier setup may just be higher.

I owned a 43 for a short time. It didn’t work for me and was my least favorite Glock. But it sounds like you have a system that’s working for you, rock on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm quite surprised myself.

I definitely wouldn't say it's my favorite pistol, even now (it's very toolish -- no real soul). But it just so happens to be what I need for day-to-day, low-concern carry, more often than anything else I have.

Of course, these opinions are subject to change without notice, and probably will. :)

Some pistols surprise you in how they work out. I’ve had pistols I bought more out of curiosity than an intent to carry them and found I liked them for that role quite a bit. I’ve also had pistols go the other way.

I’m at just over 2,000 rd on my P365XL. I didn’t anticipate carrying it much as I thought the difference in slimness was overblown (it was just a good deal). But I’ve changed my tune and have more of an understanding now for why the slimline pistols are so popular.

I can totally see why you like the P365XL. A close relative has one, so I've had a good amount of experience with it.

I would probably have purchased one myself, but with the G43 just below it and the G48 just above it, it has never quite been able to rise to the top of the priority list, for me.

I hear ya. I still want to pick up a G48 to compare. I had an option for a very good price on an MOS version just before the pandemic and I held off saying I could get it later. Now they’re not as easy to find and not cheap either. I’m fine in the meantime, just more waiting required.

Have yet to be in a shoot-out where 6+1 was insufficient, so I'm happy it slips into a pocket and I barely even know it's there. :D

These are advertised as pocket holsters, but I have used them IWB with guns as large as a G19. With the smaller G43 or Sig 365 they are very comfortable. You'll forget you're carrying and I'm more comfortable with a round chambered.

They make them in various sizes.

https://www.amazon.com/ComfortTac-U...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

I like both my G43 and the Sig 365. The Glock is ever so slightly easier to conceal, but my Sig is the version with the safety. I'm more likely to carry it with a round chambered simply because of that.

I have an early model 43. I have carried it every day for years.
I carry in a pocket holster. I quite often carry a Glock model 29
in a shoulder holster,too. Really like my Glocks. Totally reliable.

I had a 43 and bought a 43X/48 frame. It’s a nice upgrade. I was going to get the shield mags and release but didn’t like the idea of using factory mags and possibly damaging them, but the thought of having G19 capacity is appealing.

I would prefer to go into battle with a 48 or 43X, due to the full-length grip and 15-round capacity. And of course those are the exact reasons that it's not as easy to conceal for low-risk, day-to-day carry, particularly in the summer. They're not bad -- in fact I've carried a G48 quite a lot -- but the 43 just melts into the body like nothing else I have. Even pocket pistols like a Seecamp don't disappear as fully as that G43 with a techna clip.

My G43, with a TLR6, is a pocket gun for me on an Alabama holster. I also will occasionally carry it IWB in a Tulster holster.

For me, it is super accurate and easy to shoot. I love it. I do carry a G26 or G45 when traveling.

If I need ultralight,.I'll pocket carry a 340PD.

I think the G43 is a perfect little gun.

Back