My first kydex holster for a Kimber K6

HighValleyRanch

I work in leather and have done a little with kydex, but never officially a holster I'm going to wear, so this is my first attempt, with no press. Only a heat gun and some plywood forms and clamps.
This is based on a design that nice member made for my 3" LCRX and I liked it so much I decided to make one for my Kimber K6. I could not find any commercial ones like this.
What I like about this design is that it doesn't add any width to around the cylinder, yet holds the gun securely and the belt clip is where the trigger is, so it pulls the gun in very tight without additional thickness.
I can ever tuck my t shirt around this and have my beltline exposed without the revolver printing or exposed.
attachment.php

Attachments

• P1000930.JPG
    P1000930.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 160
The gun rides nicely as the barrel goes into the lower part, and the trigger section is the retainer. You can heat the kydex and get the right amount of drag or click. Draw smooth as silk and gun stays securely in place all day.

That looks great. Where do you get Kydex from? I need a piece of thin plastic like that for another project.

You can find it on amazon.
They recomment .06 for IWB, but this was a little thicker, .08"
12" x 12" sheets. You can find the belt hooks on amazon as well.

Thanks HVR. I just need a small sheet to make a sound deflector for my Ipad. I don't have much hearing in my right ear from an old injury so I made a rounded deflector to circle the sound back towards me with a heavy piece of paperboard. But a thin piece of Kydex would be perfect for what I need it for.

I looked and WW Grainger has it. I have one not too far from me. Thanks for the heads up.;)

Back