My first K-31! Pictures!

jennyfell55

Inactive
I hope this is the appropriate forum for this :)My first K31 finally arrived on Tuesday... I think I'm in love! All matching, (even the stock has the matching serial # marked inside) and according to serial number it was made in 1944. Hammerli barrel, Sig receiver and stock. Stock manufactured in November 1943 from the markings under the butt plate. Sadly no troop tag :( I can see the outline of where it used to be under there, but it's missing :( Can't wait to pick up some ammo for it!

sideanglesmall_zps4e6bce6f.jpg

overallrightsmall_zps19cc9442.jpg

overallleftsmall_zps00b72a5d.jpg

Last edited:
Having ridden a train in Switzerland, there is no doubt that you have one of the best-looking Swiss redheads/blonds. Well done!
Very attractive wood, and the metal seems really nice.

That is an absolute beauty! Maybe a K-31 will fill the viod while i wait for my CMP order to go through....Damn you now I have to fight off buying one lol

Where did you get it LGS? or online?

Thanks! The wood is what really caught my eye, and with a little bit of water and a rag a lot of grime came off and the grain really pops!

That is an absolute beauty! Maybe a K-31 will fill the viod while i wait for my CMP order to go through....Damn you now I have to fight off buying one lol

Where did you get it LGS? or online?

They're REALLY nice.... amazing triggers too! :D I got mine online from Simpson LTD

Yea from what I hear the K-31's have the best trigger of all the milsurp rifles. Simpsons LTD is hard to look at haha. On my lunch break the other day I almost ordered a 1940 PP for $695.

You may have done better than you know. It looks from your picture that your rifle shows a refurb mark on the tang. If so, the armory may have replaced the barrel ( replaced barrels were always Hammerli ). So, you may have a '44 rifle with a new barrel. If that is the case, you have done very well, indeed.

You may have done better than you know. It looks from your picture that your rifle shows a refurb mark on the tang. If so, the armory may have replaced the barrel ( replaced barrels were always Hammerli ). So, you may have a '44 rifle with a new barrel. If that is the case, you have done very well, indeed.

There is indeed a "56" stamped on the tang! There's also a "P" which from what I've been told means that the soldier choose to keep the rifle upon retirement. According to Simpson's LTD the muzzle measured 7.54, which I think is pretty good? The 3 numbers on the barrel match the last 3 of the serial number of the rifle... is there any way to tell if it was rebarreled?

Nice score!!
Gotta love the Swiss, they love their beer as evidenced by a keg for a bolt and a tap for a decock and safety.
Having made several trips to Switzerland, I can attest.

Back