My first IDPA match

Halffast

I shot in my first IDPA match yesterday. It was fantastic. I was very nervous the first couple of stages, but then I calmed down and shot fairly well. I didn't do as well as I would have liked, but I did better than I was afraid I might. The match was well run and everyone was very helpfull. I can't wait to do it again. I am thankful to TFL and all the members here who posted about the IDPA so that I could find a match in my area.

Halffast

------------------
"I say that big talk is worth doodly-squat." Granny Hawkins from the Outlaw Josey Wales

welcome to the world of IDPA.. lots of fun huh?

seem like I learn something new every match.

what class did you shoot in and what are you shooting and what's your carry gear like?

Dr.Rob

Glad to hear you got that first one under your belt. Always a little less nervous the next time around. Everyone is working on improving their own skills.

I'll be shooting my first match next month, can hardly wait. I know I am rusty, slow, and getting old, but I am still going to have a good time and with no pressure to perform
smile.gif

I shot my Kimber CC in the CDP class with handloaded 185 gr. JHP ammo. I haven't shot the qualifier yet, so I shot unclassified. I used a Bianchi Black Widow holster and a Bianchi magazine pouch. I am looking forward to shooting another match and the qualifier. Any and all tips are appreciated. Thanks.

Halffast

------------------
"I say that big talk is worth doodly-squat." Granny Hawkins from the Outlaw Josey Wales

Back