My first Hi Power (lightweight police turn-in)

Irishraider

Always wanted a HP. I picked up one of those aluminum frame, police turn-ins from Classic, supposedly from some non specified “European country”. Needs some TLC, but should fun to work on. Unbelievably light, really love the ergo but really stiff hammer and trigger needs help. My rudimentary serial number research makes me think it’s a 1975 model. Anyone know anything more about these?

Wuxe7cd.jpg

WWDxhPD.jpg

I happen to know a bit about them, at least about as much as is known. I cannot post photos on this forum for some reason so I would direct you to the 1911 forum and scroll down to the Hi Power category, I have posted photos of mine with a brand new Cerakote finish. My pistol has markings that were applied by the Belgian Police who formerly owned my pistol, the slide, frame, magazine and barrel are so marked. I have ordered the new BH Spring Solutions recoil buffering guide which should add longevity to the aluminum frame. I have sent queries to FN Belgium and the Military and Police Museum asking about these pistols.

Bill Grab one while you can this is a really exciting pistol to shoot or carry. My Metaloy and blue steel Hi Powers have led a lonely life since Mr Light Weight came home to stay. I am anxious to compare shooting characteristics when I get the shock buffer.

Back