my first handgun

Theseus

Inactive
hey shooters.
i just bought my first handgun a week ago. after doing a little research (although i just found this forum today), i decided on a S&W 686 with a 4"bbl.
i looked on the internet and browsed a few retailers. i wandered into a pawn shop and they just happened to have the exact gun i wanted, for only $320. with Pachmayr grips no less!
went to the range twice this weekend, and i absolutely fell in love with this gun.
it doesn't look like it's been fired too many times, and i think the previous owner only used .38's.
anyway, i just wanted to say hello to the forum.
revolver3.jpg

Theseus...

Welcome to TFL! I think you will find some pretty knowledgeable shooters and all-around good people here.

BTW, that's a pretty good first purchase.

Welcome -

I have the exact same model and caliber gun. I love mine and I'm sure you'll love yours too! Good stuff...

Welcome to TFL! You just stumbled across the best firearms-related site on the Internet.

That's a very nice choice for a first handgun. A 4" revolver in .357 is just about the perfect "do-everything" handgun. You can use it for target shooting, home defense, carry, and hunting in a pinch. That revolver will do every handgun job competently.

I have two 686s, one in 6" and one in 2 1/2", and they're among my favorite handguns.

First One

Well Theseus, Welcome to TFL,
Good choice on the" First One" and I'm sure it won't be the last one :eek:
The 686 is a good versitile handgun and it should serve you well ;)

Happy Shooting and Be Safe :)

Howdy. Looks like your research paid off handsomely. As everyone has already said, a wise first choice, and at a good price, too.:cool:

Try to stay out of gunshops, though. The practice is habit-forming, and can get expensive.:D

Just kidding. Lots of fun in this area, and good people to associate with. Welcome.

Back