My First Firearm Review & Disassembly Video - Seeking Your Honest Feedback

GorillaGunworks

Hey everyone,

I’m excited (and a bit nervous) to share my very first firearm review and disassembly/reassembly video with you all. As someone who’s been passionate about firearms for years, I’ve finally taken the plunge into creating content around this hobby and would greatly appreciate your support and feedback.

The video features a detailed review of the Bauer Automatic .25, a classic pocket pistol that's small in size but big in reputation. I walk through its features, performance, and history, followed by a step-by-step disassembly to help others understand how to safely take it apart and reassemble it.

This is my first attempt at this kind of content, and I’ve been experimenting with new video editing techniques and a different filming setup. Since this community is full of knowledgeable and experienced firearm enthusiasts, I’m really hoping to get some constructive criticism on the video quality, editing, and overall presentation.

I’d love for you to check it out and let me know what you think:
http://https://youtu.be/0svyy9biFQY?si=IudXCh6EebcpFSqK

The link was supposed to be to YouTube. It's a gun review. I'm going to guess that YouTube has disabled the link for violation of their anti-gun rules.

You asked for feedback so here it is. I really dislike videos that claim a "complete disassembly" like yours, but don't completely disassemble the gun.

It's fine not to do it, but don't claim otherwise. Real complete disassembly videos are very useful and I often search for them but it's frustrating wading through all the field strip videos trying to get to someone who actually understands how it works.

Useful video for someone to learn the basics of the Bauer.

Good pace, not much down time. As a general rule, consider cutting the introductory remarks down as far as possible.

Narration was useful and engaging. I would personally have appreciated a little more historical info on the gun while you're cleaning. Stuff I wouldn't have guessed. No need to over-do it, but any surprising/unexpected info adds to the presentation.

I think you only said it one time (better than most!), but the phrase "this particular firearm" drives me crazy, for some reason. Somehow people can't resist saying it on videos like this. Similar feelings about "stay tuned" and "let's get started" -- awkward and unnecessary transitional lines everyone has heard way too many times.

I liked some of the moving close-up video on the gun during the intro. Didn't waste time, but showed useful angles and gave a sense that things were moving along.

Distance from camera to gun seemed just fine. The lighting worked. I felt I had a good look at the inside of the slide and had a good idea of how things were working.

I'm not a fan of elevator music in the background, but that's me. It wasn't super-loud, so didn't really get under my skin.

Video was a bit bumpy during the cleaning, but didn't detract much. Guessing this was due to video equipment limitations, which is understandable. I'd much rather have a useful video with a bit of bumpiness than no video at all.

Would definitely recommend to someone looking for a Bauer to get a basic idea of the construction and disassembly. Better than a lot of videos I've seen, and a very good first attempt. The process of feedback and refinement is where the magic happens -- even Joe Rogan's first episodes were a bit clunky at first, but they got better fast.

The video is too long.

The Bauer has a notch in the slide-a takedown notch. You just pull the slide back a little and engage the safety in the notch. There is no need to awkwardly hold the slide back while turning the barrel.

You didn't show the part where the sear lever under the left grip falls out and lets the trigger fall out of the frame. If it didn't, you're lucky.

Otherwise, the video is OK.

Back