My first Custom Bolt Action Build.

Stats Shooter

So I just finished building my first Custom Bolt Action Rifle. A .300 wm. I am excited to begin load development but so far all I have done is a barrel seasoning with some previous loads I made for a different gun.

Here are the components
-Savage 110 Long Action with glades armory large chrome bolt handle
-Timney Adjustable Trigger (1-2.5 lbs)
-CDI precision bottom metal Which accepts detachable AICS mags
-Competition recoil lug from SSS
-20 MOA picitinny/Weaver base from SSS
-Burris XTR medium Rings
-Vortex Viper PST , FFP illuminated , 6x24x50 30mm tube
-Chote stock
-Shilen #8 28" select match 1:10 twist

Some may question the Chote stock but I liked it because it is built like a tank, has generous barrel channel, and uses aluminum V block bedding. I have one on another gun and it is very accurate. The stock lacks a few features that the highest end stocks offer like a fully adjustable comb (this stock has a low and high comb option only) and the monopod is too short to be of much use, but I use bags or my fist anyway. I have done all the work myself so I have no one to blame lol.

Total cost is about $2600 including the scope and AICS mags. It looks cool but looks are secondary to performance and I can't wait to stretch this baby out!

Best wishes for many years of enjoyment with that rifle. My brother inherited a Savage custom rifle in 300 WM which was a fine match rifle belonging to our brother-in-law. Russ is ten years my junior and larger than me with meat in his shoulders. I backed off the 300 WM and other belted magnums a few years ago. Not as young as some years ago. Love the cartridge but too punishing for me anymore.

Enjoy!
Ron

Back