My First Confrontation Concealed Carrying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim567

Last Friday, coming home from an out of town job I pulled
into a fast food restaurant.
I got out of my car to be accosted by a highly irritated man with I assume his wife still in the truck.
He tells me - You could see I wanted that parking place!!!!!
I didn't see him wanting it, just driving through the parking lot from the opposite direction..
Without having to think about it and keeping distance, I apologized profusely telling him it was entirely my fault and how sorry I was.
I say I didn't have to think about it because I had rehearsed in my mind how to react if confronted while carrying.
He did not know quite how to react to my apologizing. Reading his face I believe he thought I was being facetious.
He finally begrudgingly bought it, and walked off.
Who gets in a fight over a parking place when there were several to the left and right of the one I pulled into?
I will add -- I was stressed to the max over how the job went I was coming from!
I suppose my point is ,learned from reading this forum - rehearse, mentally and other wise.

It does pay to be prepared, as you were.
Especially since there's no telling what sets people off.
We need a thumbs up smilie.
Pretend there's one here.

Sounds like you handled it well. Do whatever you can to de-escalate. And keeping distance between him and yourself was important too.

The firearm aside had to come back at him in the same manner in which he was acting you would have been violating one of the most important rules of life. Never, but NEVER feed an a-hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back