My first 870 I have a couple questions

bspillman

Hey folks. I just traded my kel tec 380 even for a wing master 870. This thing is in great shape has a modified choke and a smooth action. I would like to know the year it was made if possible the serial number is T168806V. Also I can shoot rifled slugs from this right? The barrel is stamped MOD so I'm assuming that's a modified choke correct? Thanks as usual for the help.

Can't tell you the age, but you can shoot foster type slugs (American slugs) through a modified choke barrel. I've done it, no problems. If I were you, I'd get a rifled slug barrel for your 870 and shoot sabot slugs, like the Hornady SST sabot slug. Barrels aren't expensive.

There should be a code on the barrel that will tell you the date of manufacture (assuming the barrel is original).

You can shoot regular slugs from that smoothbore, but if you want to use sabot slugs - as mentioned above - you'll need a rifled barrel. What the accuracy will be like will be determined by your ammo in that gun. What choke it is marked does not always mean it will pattern that way - I have seen them pattern much more open as well as a lot tighter than the constriction designation on the barrel

Back